My girlfriend and I recently stayed here on a Friday night. This was my fifth stay at this motel over the years. As usual, the check in and check out were fast. This is an older Best Western, but it has been upgraded with such amenities like LCD televisions. We had a quiet room in the back of the property. (Room 157.) The two queen beds were comfortable, the room was clean, and we had a quiet night's sleep. All staff encountered were polite, courteous, and friendly. The view of Mt. Whitney nearby was spectacular, and there was even some snow at the top of the mountain. There is a gym located at this Best Western, but I did not use it because we did a lot of hiking up on Mt. Whitney. In the morning, we arrived in the breakfast room at approximately 8:50 a.m. We began to eat, and decided we wanted some pancakes with our meal. My girlfriend stood in line behind four people at the pancake machine to get, of course, some pancakes. People were commenting that the pancake dispenser was empty. My girlfriend asked the breakfast hostess, who was sitting nearby, if she could get us a few more pancakes, or at least some pancake batter to put in the pancake machine. The hostess replied, "I'm not allowed to put out anymore food after 9:00 o'clock." I pulled out my i-Phone and saw that it was now exactly 9:00 a.m. If this is indeed the policy set by management, at least when the post office closes exactly at 5:00 p.m., it still will take care of the customers who are at the counter. And the Best Western Plus Frontier Motel is a private business, who should care even more about satisfying the customers' needs. In any case, the breakfast was very good, with a nice selection of food, even if we did not get to enjoy our pancakes! There were complimentary issues of the Los Angeles Times that guests could take with them in the morning. No doubt we will be staying here again when near the Lone Pine area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on scenic Highway 395, the staff of the The Frontier Motel will welcome you with a smile and ensure you have a comfortable stay that exceeds your expectations. We look forward to seeing you. Safe travels! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Frontier Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Frontier Hotel Lone Pine
- Best Western Frontier Hotel
- Best Western Lone Pine
- Lone Pine Best Western