“Must try & definitely will return”

Alabama Hills Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Lone Pine
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Highland, California
“Must try & definitely will return”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We were in a group of 8 and all of us ordered something different and only one person finished their meal because the portions are HUGE! They have baked goods and breads-which I bought to bring home-oh so good!

Visited January 2013

San Diego, California
“Hang a star on this one ...”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Two hours south of Mammoth Mountain on 395 you'll find Alabama Hills Cafe in the town of Lone Pine. It's one block off the main road -- so you need to know to look for it. They serve breakfast and lunch only (close at 2 pm, I think) and it is obviously a hangout for the locals. Outstanding breakfasts and lunch sandwiches big enough to share. All the help is very friendly, pretty fast service, although you may have to wait for a table if you arrive in peak times. The Roy Rogers BLT is a hunger-buster! Prices are significantly higher than fast food places, but so is the quality. Don't get me started on their display of fresh baked pies ....

• Visited January 2013
Ridgecrest, California
“Great food, great location, great service”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family and I ate here for lunch before heading up to Mount Whitney. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, so we were fortunate to come through when we did.

The menu was pretty extensive, which made it hard to decide what to order, but what we did order was fantastic. While we waited for our food, we eyed the plates of other diners, and all of the dishes looked amazing.

We also bought a loaf of freshly baked tomato, basil, mozzarella bread to take home with us. Yum!

Other reviewers have said that it is pricey. Well sure, it isn't as cheap as McDonald's, but I thought that for large portions of freshly made food, the prices were VERY reasonable.

Will definitely be taking friends and family here when they come out to visit.

• Visited January 2013
Joshua Tree , California
“Good but pricey .”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had breakfast here last monday . I have many friends who told me about the place . It was time for a visit . I had blueberry pancakes , side of bacon and coffee . it came to $17.71 ! I think this is a bit expensive for breakfast . The service was good and the interior was set up in one big room with great pictures on the walls .
I may try to get a smaller meal next time .

• Visited December 2012
California
“Great breakfast, good service, convenient location”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We had brunch here while staying in Lone Pine. Good poached eggs and potatoes, with amazing wheat toast (pretty sure they make the bread on-site and it was delicious.) My husband enjoyed his chicken club sandwich, which was HUGE and fed him for another meal later in the day. They also have a nice selection of baked goods made there and everything looked pretty tempting. Service was quick and friendly.

We'll definitely stop back if we come through Lone Pine in the future!

• Visited December 2012