“Best burger in town maybe?”

Mt. Whitney Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Lone Pine
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Best burger in town maybe?”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on my way through and had a venison burger. It was very over cooked and the meat didn't taste fresh. The veggies added were good but couldn't make up for the poor over cooked venison. The French fries were quite good, and I would stop here to get them again. I did get to sit behind a life sized cutout of John Wanye and had great view of the mountain from my seat. So overall not a total loss.

London, United Kingdom
“Best burgers in town”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Love this place! Had a classic american diner experience, sat in a booth, had a tasty burger and draft beer and cherry pie and ice cream for dessert. Amazing food and warm service, so good we went back for breakfast the next day which was just as good.

Visited November 2013
Elkton, Maryland
“Small town restaurant - good burgers”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Small town, not many choices. We had two dinners here in late October. Burgers are their specialty so that's what we ordered. I thought they were great. I am a big onion ring fanatic and theirs were delicious. The staff was super friendly and the server gave us some tips and advice on things to do in the area, as well as some info on what it was like to live there. Very positive experience. They have a lot of 8x10 glossy photos (all signed) of the various movie stars who filmed there. The walls are covered with them - fun to look at while waiting for your meal.

I read some of the other reviews and was surprised at how critical they were. If you want high level gourmet meals, I don't think Lone Pine is the place to find them. But we thought we got great meals at a fair price. Very satisfied. i would go back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank AmyK41129
London, United Kingdom
“Pure awful”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Gordon Ramsay would not have enough swear words to describe how bad this place is.

The pancakes were uncooked. Yes apparently you can muck up pancakes, the bacon so tasteless our dog refused it. The coffee undescribably bad, no wait, it was so bad we ran to McDonalds.

This. Place must rely on passing trade as no-one with a taste bud would eat here twice.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank IFM1
Davis, California
“Great breakfast, large portions”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel for breakfast. The waitress was friendly but a bit overwhelmed by the number of people she was expected to serve. I ordered the pancakes, and my husband had eggs and ham. The pancakes were delicious even though I read the menu wrong and was expecting buckwheat. The ham was plate-sized and yummy.

• Visited October 2013