“Tried it again, tasty food”

Bonanza Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 18 Restaurants in Lone Pine
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
San Jose, CA
“Tried it again, tasty food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We've been back a couple times since the first review. The food items I've gotten have been pretty good. Since the price is less than a couple others in town, it's become a place for us to try each time we're in town. This last time the food came out fast and hot, even the vegatarian platters for our friends seemed to be filling. I still think its just the one gal out front, but I didn't notice any slowness in service. Salsa was good as usual (not super hot).

• Visited February 2013

Highland, California
“Second visit”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Not a fancy place by any means. Was there off-season on a Friday night so it wasn't very crowded. The menu is pretty standard as far as choices (tacos, burritos, chimis, fajitas). Portions are large.

Visited January 2013
Ridgecrest, California
“Great food but place needs some repair.”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Was shopping in lone pine and saw a girl with a to go plate of taco on lettuce. It smelled so good. She said she got it from Bonanza. Well, guess that's where we are going to lunch. The ladies had a casa dia and a chimichanga (not sure of the spelling). Anyway they said they were the best they have ever had. I got the Fajitas. Mine was ok. If you just want a great Mexican meal this is the place for you. Sure wish they would fix up the booths. Highly recommended. Service was kind of slow but very very friendly. Once we ordered the food we received it in a timely manner though.

• Visited January 2013
Reno, Nevada, United States
“Only if you are hungry and all other restaurants are closed”
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I agree with all reviewers. Food is not good. Service is pleasant. I don't know how you can goof up chips, salsa and fajitas, but everything tastes like they water it down. Good luck if you go

Joshua Tree , California
“Quiet place”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I wanted to find a nice hot chicken burrito . The place was not very busy , but I was curious . The beer was ice cold . The salsa was home made , loaded with cilantro and excellent !
I do not eat much salt and the burrito tasted too salty for me . I would probably return as the place was quiet and pretty clean . The staff were friendly too .
Prices were reasonable .