“Service Was Grand”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The food was ok, but more of a late night grub place. The service was fantastic and the food was quick! Kind of a good place to hit up before returning to your room.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were heading back home after a visit to the Alabama Hills and stopped here for lunch. It's an unpretentioius, diner-like place, the menu is quite extensive - it even has a vegetarian section! As other reviewers noted, there is only one person working the front, and she was busy but efficient. The salsa seemed homemade, with a nice tang. My carnitas were pretty good (and enough that we got lunch the next day from the leftovers), but my partner's chili verde was the best either of us had ever had. Extra points for having aguas frescas. I'd like to try it for breakfast if I'm back in the area.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Over the years Ive stopped here and ordered the chicken fried steak, and the portions were so big I'd always have some left over to share with my horse before riding out in the Alabama Hills. Hmmm, good.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had really good food and the service was fine too. The waitress was running around like crazy as it was busy for her but we had no problems.
A basic place but a good atmosphere.
The little back-lit metal cut outs high up were really cool.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

It was the name that attracted us, being of the generation that remembers the TV series. It has the feel of retro diner which is fine. I tried the Carne Asada which was very good. On a second visit, I had the beef chimichanga which was really tasty and well presented.

The service was excellent when we first arrived. Our waitress was very helpful and friendly as well as talking us through the menu.

For the price, the location, and quality of food this place is very good value.