“Simple fare, nice service”
Review of Totem Cafe

Totem Cafe
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Lone Pine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Nevada City, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple fare, nice service”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We just wanted some soup and pie and that's what we got. Why do I have to make a lengthy review to fit this darn program's parameters. We ate there, were not poisoned and left a gratuity for the nice waitress. You satified or do you want the whole log of my trip. I wish had not even enter this site for a review.

Visited May 2013

San Francisco
“Better than freeze dried”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food was delicious (we had a late lunch). Veggie burger and salad were cooked perfectly. We had a table of 4, and everyone enjoyed their food. The server was quite unfriendly bordering on rude. They had a really big space between dining room and bathrooms dedicated as a "gift shop", scantily stocked with off-the-wall stuff, but there was nothing worth purchasing.

Visited April 2013
San Juan Cap
“Great Steak Pasta”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Had the steak pasta, it was awsome.My husband had the fried chicken and it was fabulous.. the patio setting was great, nice place to people watch. Getting the check was a little slow, but we were not in a hurry...

Visited May 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic Dinner. Decent Breakfast.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stopped in here for dinner during a weekend in the Lone Pine area. We both ordered steaks. They were top-notch. The service was excellent as well. The prices were a little higher than some of the restaurants in town, but I felt that it was worth it for the prices what you get. If you like IPA's, I recommend the Mammoth microbrew.

We liked it so much that we came back the next morning for breakfast. I wasn't as impressed with breakfast, but it wasn't bad either. The server wasn't as friendly as the one we had night before either. Maybe she wasn't a morning person.

The interior was had a neat "Sierra-esque" feeling to it. The layout was kind of weird, it looked like the restaurant had been expanded into the shop next door that was no longer in business. The place will seem more appealing, in my opinion, was they clean up the remnants of the shop and in-fill the place with tables.

I would come back here, especially for dinner.

• Visited May 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Absolute GARBAGE!!! You're better off at McDonalds.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

This is absolutely the worst restaurant in Lone Pine, if not Eastern California. When you walk in, it looks half decent, until you wait five minutes for the only hostess in the restaurant. The service is slow and our waitress was rude. Our food was cold and tasted horrible. The steak was undercooked and the chicken was extremely deep-fried. Even the water tasted funny! I have been to hundreds of restaurants all over the country, and I have been to Waffles Houses and gas stations that were of better quality than this. Avoid this place at all costs unless there is no other option. I would recommend the Mount Whitney Restaurant about a block away.

• Visited March 2013