“Excellent option in Lone Pine”

Comfort Inn - Lone Pine
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lone Pine
Leuven
“Excellent option in Lone Pine”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Nice hotel, not far from the center of Lone Pine, excellent spacious rooms, friendly staff.
We enjoyed the pool in the evening after a long drive and in the morning after breakfast (included in the price !).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Pasadena, California
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Went up to Lone Pine for the Badwater race and stayed at this hotel which would get a better rating but as a result of the mildewy shower curtain. It really smelled bad and took away from the clean room. We could have asked and they would have probably replaced it but since we didn't spend much time in the room as a result of the race it didn't matter much except when you took a shower. They had a pretty good breakfast there not alot but some good variety not a five star breakfast but there was plenty to eat. The desk clerks were helpfull and attentive.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms to east have rear doors that open to a nice grassy area with little bunnies:0)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
cianni m, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn - Lone Pine, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay during the Badwater Marathon! While we are pleased to hear you had a good stay overall, I send my utmost apologies for the shower curtain situation! I have forwarded your comments to the Housekeeping Supervisor so that he can look into that. We hope you will return to us next time you are in Lone Pine! Have a great rest of your Summer!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I have only stayed at two hotels in Lone Pine. I don't think four star hotels exist in this town. Comfort Inn was fine - room was small but adequate. Nice big refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, flat screen television. Balcony was nice to have but the wood was very splintery. Carpet was very dirty but besides that, it was definitely fine. My son enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. Provided swim towels are like dish rags, both in size and texture. The free breakfast wasn't added value for us - totally pointless but I'm sure some people could find decent options, including the make your own waffle thing. A kettle of oatmeal (or even oatmeal packets) would have been great.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Melissa M
Thank you for your recent stay with us! I send my utmost apologies that we didn't meet your expectations fully during your stay! However, please know that the balconies are being completely rebuilt and will be 'brand new' very soon! The carpet is maintained on a schedule, but I send my apologies for that issue as well! I am happy to hear the pool was great for your son, especially during this season! Please know, over the next season, we will be looking at different breakfast choices to bring to our guests! We do have oatmeal packets in different flavors currently, and hope you will visit us again and enjoy them and any new items we may have added at that time!

Have a great rest of your Summer!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Booked into the Comfort Inn more because of its location than anything else. What a great hotel! It's a Comfort Inn, so one knows what to expect. However, the check-in staff were terrific, the rooms really good quality, clean with a great TV, the pool and jacuzzi first rate - not many hot tubs overlook the Sierra Nevada mountains! Breakfast was included, all for $149. Brilliant. My only gripe, I would pay $5 more per room to have metal cutlery and crockery plates - the great breakfast slightly spoiled by plastic forks and polystyrene plates. Worth a visit.

Room Tip: Maybe avoid rooms facing the road.......
1 Thank twa203
cianni m, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn - Lone Pine, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
I have shared your review with the staff, and we all join in to thank you for such a great review of your stay!

Thank you again and have an excellent Summer season!
sanfrancisco,ca
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed here for 3 days during my mount Whitney hiking. Very nice view of Mount Whitney.(check my photo)

Clean hotel, good staff and excellent breakfast in morning. Ate breakfast while viewing Mount Whitney.!!

Both Managers and Breakfast ladies were excellent. Always smiling.

While driving in town I saw this is the only franchisee hotel/motel with 2 stories. I saw Best Western and it looks like old building with single story.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
cianni m, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn - Lone Pine, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay and review! I am so happy to hear we exceeded your expectations while you were with us! That is exactly what we strive to do at all times!

Have a great Summer!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've stayed everywhere in Lone Pine and hands down they have some of the best staff. I called the hotel directly to book my stay and Danny was so helpful and answered ALL my gazillion questions with a great attitude and even remembered me when I checked in. The manager Cianni was also an angel! I had left my jackets behind in my room and had not noticed until a few hours later. Cianni, went above and beyond looking for my jacket. Calling all the maids and searching everywhere she could think of. Luckily she was able to find them and save the day! She was courteous, caring and so sweet. Amazing service all around from the staff! The rooms are great, clean and spacious and their breakfast had a good selection. Definitely coming back here!

Room Tip: Rooms with a Balcony have an AMAZING view of Mt. Whitney :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Claudia M
SAN DIEGO
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Everyone who finds themselves in Lone Pine is probably going somewhere else. But that being the case, at least you can have a nice night's sleep there before arriving at your ultimate destination.

Comfort Inn Lone Pine was a pleasant surprise on the long Owens Valley highway on our way to Mammoth, but it is also a gateway to the rest of the Eastern Sierra and, of all things, Death Valley. Its newer and basically in good shape. It seems a little pricey at first, but being the "gateway" to much more expensive Mammoth and even overpriced Bishop (a God-awful place), its not so bad.

We had two very comfortable rooms on the back side of the sole building, one up and one down, and enjoyed them both. Quiet, never heard a neighbor or street noise even though the place seemed full for the fourth of July weekend. The best part was probably the king bed, which was excellently firm and plush at the same time. Only thing that seemed a bit shabby was the upholstered lounge chairs next to the beds. Both showed wear and tear and seemed out of place.

Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn scrambled eggs, biscuits and sausage gravy and a waffle maker. Definitely edible and a money and time saving.

Beware, second floor has no elevator. Each room has a microwave, large refrigerator, a small balcony or patio.

The Best Western "Plus" was full when we came into town, but I think it was for the best, as we found the Comfort Inn to be more than adequate for our needs. The staff was friendly and helpful even though we were just "passing through".

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
What an amazing review of our property! Thank you so much for that and we are so happy you had such a great experience with us!

We wish you a Happy Summer and hope you will visit us again!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lone Pine
#7 of 8 in Lone Pine
Ranch Motel
Ranch Motel
#3 of 3 in Olancha

Been to Comfort Inn - Lone Pine? Share your experiences!