“A Beautiful Drive for some Very Good Food”
Review of Jalama Beach Cafe - CLOSED

Jalama Beach Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Oregon Coast, Oregon
“A Beautiful Drive for some Very Good Food”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you want to combine a dazzling, scenic beach scene with some good food, the Jalama Beach Store is the place to go! Located 14 miles off CA 1 on the way to Lompoc, the Jalama Beach Store serves up some pretty tasty food. Last weekend I ordered the trusty Jalama burger and my girlfriend selected the pastrami. The pastrami was nothing to write home about-small portion of meat on a standard sandwich roll, but I don't think people come here for pastrami!

The Jalama burger delivered the goods....shredded lettuce, tomato, pickles and a good sauce as well! In all, one of the better burgers I've eaten here in So Cal! As a side note, the fries where quite tasty as well. Crispy shoe=string style, lightly salted and seasoned, they were a perfect complement to the burger and pastrami. In addition, even though the tiny cafe was quite busy, the person taking the order was quite friendly as were other employees who were working hard to get the food out.

The total cost for our meal was about $18. Beautiful scenery, good food, and well worth a visit while you are up on the Central Coast! Enjoy your visit to scenic Jalama Beach, and enjoy some tasy food too!

One additional note: as other reviewers have noted, once you are at the guard shack, let the attendant know you are here just to eat. He will waive the $10 fee to get in.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank AdventurePoser

Chicago, Illinois
“Awesome Meals”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We went there twice during our trip. Best place to eat in Lompoc CA. We have the tri tip dip and the chicken salad sandwich and they were very tasty. Went for dinner and had the Jack Daniels pork chops and they were moist and tasty.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank Chicagogirl1977
Alamogordo, New Mexico
“Huge portions!!!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had never been to Lompoc before and therefore had no experience with their restaurants. My friends had just moved there a week prior to my visit and therefore had no suggestions to make for dinner. We picked Jalama Beach Cafe based on their mostly full parking lot, which turned out to be a good sign. I tried a prime rib special and was shocked to receive a piece of beef that was so big that I had difficulty finishing it. My best friend had ribs and had to ask for a to go container. Her daughter had a Kobe beef burger that was enormous!! Had to be cut in half and she had the rest for lunch the next day. Its worth the wait!!

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank TravelinMan94
Lompoc, California
“zombie wait staff”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We waited for over an hour for our food, part of our party NEVER did get the beverages they ordered, and asked for over and over. Server got the orders wrong on a third of our party. They never came back to ask how things were going, WE kept having to get up and ask, and reask. Funny thing was, there was only one other table, the staff was hanging out lauging and having a good time at the expense of doing a good job and waiting on customers!!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank 1961Valerie
San Clemente, California
“Awesome”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was a great stop. Excellent food good prices and awesome service. Reminded me of a great Midwest cafe of long ago only with upscale food.

• Visited February 2013