“Breakfast is good”

Dining options: Breakfast
Lompoc, California
“Breakfast is good”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoy the breakfasts at Jalama Beach Cafe. Good, reasonable and filling. Wait staff are friendly and patient. The owners are usually around checking on customers satisfaction. Enjoy. Thanks, Jalama Beach Cafe staff. The venue at Jalama Beach itself is still excellent.

3 Thank Biketosurf

Alamo
“Don't order the ribs, eat at the end of the day, or eat alone.”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

What a terrible experience!

i ordered the ribs because they looked good going to another table. What I got was the end of the nigh dregs. A bunch of small pieces that were mostly gristle. After sawing on it for about 10 minutes with a STEAK KNIFE ( what odes that tell you?) I gave up, paid my check in cash and left.

Also the menu states there are several choices of BBQ sauce, what I got was the ribs covered in the same brown gravy that was on the mashed potatoes. Very strange taste since the ribs had some sort of sweet BBQ sauce under the gravy.

It just seems that they don't care about what they are doing. When I worked in a restaurant if the cook had put that plate up, I would have been embarrassed to serve it. Or rather I wouldn't have. My waitress had no such qualms.

In reading the reviews it for this restaurant it seems like most people like their burgers and not much else. Maybe they should shorten their menu!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Ray W
Orem, Utah
“Just okay”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Though the service was great, the food wasn't as great as we'd expected from other reviews.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Rod R
Santa Barbara, California
“Finnest Burgers in Lompoc”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I went for lunch on friday. It could be bad idea as it was totally packed, however I was by myself so they were able to accommodate me promptly. Of course I had to order their fine burger along with French fries and lemmonade. You do not have to drive to their main location at Jalama beach to enjoy these juicy food.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank CRAZY4TRIP
Lompoc, California
“Eclectic Place to eat”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Jalama Beach Cafe started at Jalama Beach as a hamburger stand. People would drive 20 miles to the middle of nowhere to have a burger. They opened this restaurant in Lompoc so you don't have to drive as far, but the burgers are still just as good. They have also added a variety of other choices, from fried chicken gizzards (!) to pizzas, steaks and tri-tip. I have been there for lunch with my wife and many times for lunch with co-workers and we were all satisfied with the variety and freshness of the cuisine. The help is fast and courteous, and the prices are reasonable. The atmosphere is a little 1995 diner type, but comfortable and spotless.

Visited April 2012