“Great accommodation!!”

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
Ayr
“Great accommodation!!”
Reviewed June 3, 2009

My husband and I stayed here on 28/05/09, we were travelling with a coach party touring western America. We arrived at 1800h, so didn't wake anyone up!!! We were both very impressed with the standard of the accommodation. Although I think we were in the part that has been upgraded. Comfy beds, crisp bed linen, flat screen TV, clean and modern bathroom and vanity area. There were 4 computers for the use of guests, with no charge for printing. Also there was a social hour in the evening, and an excellent breakfast served in the morning (the best we had had in 2 weeks of touring!). Would recommend.

• Stayed May 2009
2 Thank Glencairn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
san diego, ca
Reviewed December 11, 2008

First of all, this hotel is way over priced, not worth the money at all! They gave me a suite, which you would think would be nice. Of course not, the room was falling apart! Carpet dirty, screens off windows, calking in bathroom moldy, kitchen had a small stove, dirty and really nothing special. Charged me over $100.00, I was so angry. They didin't bother to tell me it wasn't an upgraded room. I guess the other wing of their hotel was upgraded. The staff was less than helpful, when I complained, they could have cared less. I then went down to their computer room, all I could hear was the front staff complaining about other guests. It was the most unprofessional staff and uncomfortable hotel stay I have every had!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Lompoc hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 30, 2008

We stopped in Lompoc overnight on our way to San Diego. It was Saturday and the town was very quiet. There is a mall with stores like Mervyn's, Ross, Big 5 and Albertson's right across from the hotel which is convenient since there's really not much to do in the town. There was plenty of parking in the lot, hotel lobby was quiet. Our nonsmoking single queen room was on the 4th floor facing the parking lot which was quiet because we requested a quiet room. This hotel must have a contract with tour bus company because there were 2 tour buses parked in the lot in the evening. The elevator was ok but the door leading from the outside into the hallway looks run down with paint chipping. Our room was small...there was about 3 feet distance from the end of the bed to the TV. The bed was comfortable but the bed sheets looked worn. Oh!!! The AC made such big noise for every 15 minutes and it makes noise for 10 minutes long. The room was stuffy at night while we were sleeping so we turned AC on Room amenities was adequate with fridge and microwave, desk/chair, sofa, closet, iron/ironing board. The bathroom counter was good size and looked clean. Bathroom was small because you really have to scoot to one side in order to close the bathroom door. I noticed the calking on the bathroom floor was cracking. Also the window frame (from the inside was broken) . When we were in the parking lot looking up, I noticed that 2 rooms down , the window screen broke out of the window and landed on top of the AC unit. I don't understand how management/maintenance didn't notice it. It could have fallen off to the ground and hit someone. Now breakfast was good, though. During the weekend it is from 7am to 10 am. However, if there's a tour group staying, they would be in the breakfast room from 7 to 8. I would advise going in after 8 . A good continental breakfast included cereals, oatmeal(package), fruits, make your own waffles, bagels, toasts, juices, coffee/tea/hot cocoa, hard boiled eggs, It's really good if you don't require meat in the morning. The coffee was quite good. All in all, our stay was ok.

• Liked — breakfast and being able to get the top floor
  • Disliked — the little details that are neglected as mentioned
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hotelbum
alberta
Reviewed September 19, 2008

If you want to book a golf package you need to contact the hotel directly. Be prepared to call and/or email at least 3 to 5 times as the golf package co-ordinator (Lori) and the hotel manager (Darcy) do not return phone messages or emails. I have been attempting to book a golf package for Nov 2008 for a small group (equal to 34 nights of occupancy in suites) since July and IF I do speak to someone there, there is some reason they cannot book at that time. The ONLY reason I have tried this many times is that people are coming from various locations and are familiar with the hotel.

I'd strongly recommend you NOT book this hotel as the hassle is simply not worth the effort.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — indifference and unresponsiveness of staff when trying to book
Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
minnesota
Reviewed July 21, 2008

When I reserved a 2 room Qn Suite I was confirmed. We were on a week trip to visit a surgery bound mother and family.....and it was our anniversary the last evening ...and we had our 18 year old son with us. When I was shown to my room it was one room with a Qn Bed and a sofa sleeper! The room was in terrible shape. The shower had caulking pulling away from the walls and the sofa bed fell apart on the bottom when we pulled it open.The whole place was dusty and smelled. I should have known better when I saw the elevator with peeling linoleum flooring.... I complained, loudly, and was shown to a room with 2 QN beds in the renovated wing of the hotel. Evidently there is only one 2 room suite in the hotel! I spent my anniversary listening to my 18 year old snoring in the bed next to me. The price difference was not refunded, but I was offered an $80 coupon to use on our next prepaid hotel stay! Never again!

• Liked — internet access
  • Disliked — price for room, no compensation
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Wa
Reviewed February 1, 2008

Contrary to other negative reviews, the place is being renovated and we enjoyed our stay very much. A great evening social hour and a great breakfast. We would stay there again. And we are very picky.

Stayed January 2008
Pittston, PA
Reviewed October 20, 2007

Business at Vandenberg AFB brought us to the area for a 1 night stay. We're very happy we only had to spend 1 night at this hotel. The guest rooms are very old, worn down, and smell of mold/mildew. The towels and bed linen did not look/feel/smell clean at all. The checkin went smoothly and the clerk gave us a free upgrade to a suite. If the upgraded suite was this bad, we cannot imagine what the regular guest rooms were like.

In an effort not to be 100% negative with this review, we give them credit for the managers reception they have for their guests each evening. The spread consists of hots dogs, nachos & cheese, vegetable platters & dip, freshly popped popcorn, and free wine, beer, and soda. One other ammenity we liked were the guest laundry facilities (3 washers/3 dryers).

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank Coast2CoastTravelers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast
#4 of 8 in Buellton
Pea Soup Andersen's Inn
Pea Soup Andersen's Inn
#2 of 8 in Buellton

Been to Lompoc Valley Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!