“Bait & Switch”

Lompoc Valley Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
Reviewed July 21, 2008

When I reserved a 2 room Qn Suite I was confirmed. We were on a week trip to visit a surgery bound mother and family.....and it was our anniversary the last evening ...and we had our 18 year old son with us. When I was shown to my room it was one room with a Qn Bed and a sofa sleeper! The room was in terrible shape. The shower had caulking pulling away from the walls and the sofa bed fell apart on the bottom when we pulled it open.The whole place was dusty and smelled. I should have known better when I saw the elevator with peeling linoleum flooring.... I complained, loudly, and was shown to a room with 2 QN beds in the renovated wing of the hotel. Evidently there is only one 2 room suite in the hotel! I spent my anniversary listening to my 18 year old snoring in the bed next to me. The price difference was not refunded, but I was offered an $80 coupon to use on our next prepaid hotel stay! Never again!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed February 1, 2008

Contrary to other negative reviews, the place is being renovated and we enjoyed our stay very much. A great evening social hour and a great breakfast. We would stay there again. And we are very picky.

Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed October 20, 2007

Business at Vandenberg AFB brought us to the area for a 1 night stay. We're very happy we only had to spend 1 night at this hotel. The guest rooms are very old, worn down, and smell of mold/mildew. The towels and bed linen did not look/feel/smell clean at all. The checkin went smoothly and the clerk gave us a free upgrade to a suite. If the upgraded suite was this bad, we cannot imagine what the regular guest rooms were like.

In an effort not to be 100% negative with this review, we give them credit for the managers reception they have for their guests each evening. The spread consists of hots dogs, nachos & cheese, vegetable platters & dip, freshly popped popcorn, and free wine, beer, and soda. One other ammenity we liked were the guest laundry facilities (3 washers/3 dryers).

Stayed: October 2007
1  Thank Coast2CoastTravelers
Reviewed August 28, 2007

stayed there two nights

room size adequate for double bed
comfortable bed and linen
bathroom clean
brand new hd tv
Internet access free
free local calls
free breakfast featuring make your own waffles
safe neighborhood
shopping nearby
45 minutes to Santa Barbara
clean facility
needed renovation going on
staff very friendly
nice pool
brand new heating and air conditioning
free drinks and snacks early evenings
free refrigerator and microwave
elevators available
free parking
can hear noise from route one if room in front
overall not luxurious but very nice for the money ($70)

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank taxman128
Reviewed May 20, 2007

I wasn't sure about staying here after reading some of the reviews on this site but decided to take a chance and I'm sure glad I did. I thought that this hotel was great. They are in the middle of remodeling so things were a little messed up but it didn't affect our stay at all. Our room hadn't been remodeled yet and it was a little worn but not enough to ruin our stay. Our room was very spacious and CLEAN! Some people had commented about the noise at night but I didn't hear a thing. The staff there are wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. The continental breakfast was ok. It was your average breakfast. The way the room is set up wasn't the greatest though. They have taken 3 old rooms and turned them into the breakfast room. Had all three rooms been combined it wouldn't have been too bad but they weren't. So we had to sit in one room and go 2 rooms down the hall to get our food but we survied with it. I travel to this area a couple of times a year and I will for sure stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DisneyFan1976
Reviewed April 12, 2007

stayed here twice for 2 days and than 1 day had same room. good for the money and clean. they are remodeling. Room was good, could put bigger beds. web was good. front desk very good people. cont. breakfast same as most places. room doors in hall way. bit safer I think.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2007

After reading the other reviews received by this hotel, I was a bit wary of what we had in store for us since the reservation was already made. We were nicely surprised. It is quite large and nicely landscaped. The staff was friendly & professional. The room was clean, decorated as you'd expect from a Quality Inn, not Four Seasons, but just fine. I suppose for the most part only disgruntled people write these reviews, so I wanted to add a positive note.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tiadenif
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
2 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Lompoc
#5 of 11 in Lompoc
Quality Inn Santa Ynez Valley
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages

Been to Lompoc Valley Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!