“Not worth it!”

Holiday Inn Express Lompoc
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
Reviewed September 1, 2012

When we arrived our room was not ready. We had to wait for over 30 minutes for them to finish cleaning the room. We were assigned a ground level room (not what we wanted). I requested an upper level room, but according to the front desk guy they are fully booked. Meanwhile, their parking lot was practically empty. So he stuck us in the room next to the stairs, exit, storage room, and vending machines. The worst possible location for us! As we entered the room, we were greeted by a musty, damp, moldy smell. Upon close inspection, we noticed that the carpet was dingy and stained, the headboard
dusty, and a large cricket camping atop the fold out sofa bed. My allergies began to act up. Thankfully we're only staying a night!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank IgnTravel
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Lompoc, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear IgnTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you that we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the room accommodations you received.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Hotel was the best bet for us for our drive up the coast. Staying in Santa Barbara is a no go. After spending the day in SB we drove up to HI Express...worked out perfect. Next AM we went to Lompoc Four Square Church (excellent service) and then drove down to Solvang and had a great morning and breakfast...from there took our time driving to Cayucas. I accidently double booked...wasn't happy that they were not going to give me a break especially since I put a note in the second reservation asking to confirm if I had one already...however they did sell my room and gave me a credit...so no harm-no foul. I would stay here again...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank J232
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed here in Lompoc overnight. I selected this hotel after reading reviews on the TripAdvisor site along with the best location to the event.

The hotel was clean and close to shopping and restaurants. The room was large with 2 beds and a sofa bed. The carpet showed signs of fading from the sunlight although the room looked newer, but otherwise the room was fine.

We had the breakfast the next day which had good attendance but the room was too small for all the tables and the hotel guests. I saw a few guests taking their breakfast out to their room which is a good option as we opted to eat in the dining area which felt cramped.

Overall it was a good experience and would stay again if in Lompoc.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken G
Reviewed July 18, 2012

In our trip up the California coast, this was the only chain hotel that we stayed in. It was meant to be just a place to sleep during our drive from San Diego to Big Sur, but both Lompoc and the hotel were a pleasant surprise. Our room was huge, with a big bathroom and plenty of places to store our stuff, as well as ample outlets for recharging our phones and cameras. The bed was the most comfortable of our entire trip: king-size and very firm. Breakfast was good as well (cinnamon rolls!), although it was noisy in the breakfast room. We had an excellent dinner at Sissy's Uptown Cafe and enjoyed wandering around La Purisima mission the next morning (see separate reviews).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelgirl108
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed here as a solo traveler on a California road trip. This was my favorite hotel on the trip. I was very impressed since I had requested hypoallergenic bedding and pillows and my request was acknowledged by the front desk when I checked in. Normally, at other hotels this request is completely ignored. I was impressed that the friendly, helpful staff cared about my comfort during my stay. Great location surrounded with shops and restaurants. Very clean and quiet. I felt very safe here as a solo traveler. Breakfast was great. Appreciated the microwave and refrigerator. If you have time, check out the many murals not too far from the hotel. Some are magnificent. Also, the mission is worth seeing. I drove to the flower fields and enjoyed what I saw. I heard that the fields are not what they once were since some of the seed companies have left Lompoc. While not as stunning as the fields in Carlsbad, it was still enjoyable to see them. I highly recommend this hotel. No complaints. Very pleased.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank travmama
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed overnight in a larger, two queen room and found it clean and comfortable. The beds were good quality and it was evident some renovations had been completed, but the carpet was just average in the room. Check in staff were friendly and helpful.
The only dowside was the included breakfeast. The breakfast room was so full in the morning that people were standing against the wall and lined up for breakfast.
The facility was obviously too small for the number of rooms and we turned around and left.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TeeP
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We were in Lompoc for a private party at the Wine Ghetto. While Lompoc is not exactly a garden spot, the hotel was very nice. Accomodations were clean and well kept. Staff was friendly & helpful. We had two adjoining rooms and they were quiet. While we did not avail ourselves of the complimentary breakfast, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank IrishRick
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast
Lompoc Valley Inn & Suites
Lotus of Lompoc - A Great Hospitality Inn
Quality Inn Santa Ynez Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Buellton/Santa Ynez Valley
Hotel Corque
Hotel Corque
#1 of 11 in Solvang

Been to Holiday Inn Express Lompoc? Share your experiences!