“A Horrible Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
San Diego, California
“A Horrible Hotel”
Reviewed March 25, 2007

My Wife, Grandchild and myself stayed at this hotel because it was near a Karate Tournament that we were attending at the Local High School. I saw a picture of the Hotel, the grounds, and the Swimming Pool and it looked very pretty.
Well, do not believe the pictures tha the Hotel puts out. The front of the Hotel is cement and is full of old Newspapers and Weeds.
I went to register and had to wait for over 20 minutes just to find someone at the desk. This was in the middle of the afternoon. After registering, I was given the key and told to park around the side of the Hotel. I was also told in no uncertain terms that if I did not like my room I could go elsewhere because the Management caters to Civil Service and Contractors
at Vandenberg Air Force Base. The rooms were not that bad but the Hallways were filthy and in need of paint. My wife wanted to leave at that moment but since we had already paid I thought it best to stick it out. Do not go to their Restaurant, they do not have anything on the menu. We had to go into town to eat our meals.
There are no restaurants in the area. I just wish I had stayed at one of the Hotels in town.

• Liked — It was close to the Event I was attending and nothing else
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank JimmyKaratekid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
lala land
Reviewed October 9, 2006

The rooms are grungy, no better that motel 6 and twice the price.
Management is snooty and doesnt appear to have much hotel experience. Food at restaurant is questionable at best. Wait staff appeared under the influence of drugs. Not a good experience for my party, I'll never stay there again.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — tap water sucked
  • Tips/Secrets — dont go here
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank rippeddamnit

Travelers are raving about these Lompoc hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 27, 2006

We stay here whenever we visit my parents. We always find the staff helpful, accomodations very nice, and continental breakfast plentiful. The grounds are beautiful with a huge pool and jacuzzi in the center; many rooms have patios facing the center. My family loves the 9-hole frisbee golf course on the grounds. Best of all, some rooms are puppy friendly. It is a modest facility but clean and well maintained. Great stop for a trip down Hwy 1.

• Stayed May 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Lompoc Valley Inn & Suites
Lotus of Lompoc - A Great Hospitality Inn
Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast
Holiday Inn Express Lompoc
Quality Inn Santa Ynez Valley
Hotel Corque
Hotel Corque
#1 of 11 in Solvang

Been to White Oaks Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about White Oaks Hotel

Property: White Oaks Hotel
Address: 3955 Apollo Way, Lompoc, CA 93436-1928
Location: United States > California > Lompoc
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
Hotel Class:2.5 star — White Oaks Hotel 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your White Oaks Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
White Oaks Lompoc