“Terrible pillows!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
West Covina, CA
“Terrible pillows!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

First off, here are the good things about this hotel...there isn't a lot of competition in Lompoc so this hotel probably is one of the best choice out of the rest of the hotels in this city. Breakfast is free and a lot of choices. Everyone working here is super friendly and helpful. Parking is plenty. The room itself is very spacious with a separate living room, fridge, kitchen, and 2 tvs.

Now onto the not so pleasant part of this hotel.....I hate hate hate the pillows. I drove 3 hours in the middle of the night and I was already exhausted, but the pillows were so small and so uncomfortable that it was hard to sleepmwell. I kept waking up constantly tossing and turning. For 2 straight nights I barely slept. The pillows suck! Also, another weird thing is that everytime we turned the faucet on, a fowl oder came through. It smelled awful and it was so strong! It was so disgusting!

I guess I can be a bit of a hotel snob sometimes but this really wasn't up to par with my average standards. But when I compare it with other hotels in this remote city, I still have to admit this might be the best choice. The other hotels look a bit scarier to me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SarinaLove626
GM_GMGolda, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.We truly appreciate your praise. Our staff is very dedicated to hospitality, and giving guests a home away from home. We are so glad we could do that for you. We pride ourselves on providing fantastic amenities and services. I truly value your input about our pillows so I ordered more than 300 King Soft Down Dreams Pillows I am hoping to receive them by the end of this month. Our housekeeping staff and myself are very excited to place them in all of our rooms. We understand you have many choices when you travel and we appreciate your loyalty. We look forward to your next visit to Lompoc and our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Lompoc, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Complimentary breakfast is a joke. Hygiene is a joke. On day 1 we asked for eggs and potatoes to be cooked separately. But they have no way they can do it. All got mixed with meat products. By day 2 nothing was done.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

1 Thank Natarjan R
Ensuring safe and suitable food is a public health and our hotel priority. Our well-trained food and beverage staff are all certified in food handling. We do apologize if the eggs and potatoes were not cooked separately as you requested. But thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience here on TripAdvisor. While everyone brags about how awesome our cooked-to-order breakfast, I am surprised you were disappointed. I apologize if we failed to meet your needs and satisfy you. I will definitely share this with the team as a learning tool to improve. Please know that your satisfaction is the utmost importance to us. Thank you again for your feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Lompoc hotels

Palm Desert, California
Reviewed July 9, 2013

For Lompoc this is probably the best hotel. It's not that any one thing is bad or wrong. I think it's just tired. Looks older, feels older and needs some updating. It was a typical Hilton brand. Staff and service were excellent. The one thing that bothered my wife and I was the air conditioner. (Or lack of) It did a very poor job of keeping the room cool. It's one of those units that run the whole building and you have very little control on temp and fan speed. Again, old style AC.
I guess if we were back in the area we'd stay there again. Unless we found something better.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We apologize that you were disappointed in your experience and will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for ways to refresh our 'look' and improve our guest satisfaction. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand. We hope to serve you again in the future.
Bent NM
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is one of the better Embassy Suites, with friendly, helpful people, spacious and clean rooms, and beautiful gardens. The happy hour and the breakfast are among the best anywhere. The hotel is also a great value.
One reviewer below gave a low grade. Ignore it completely. I was here the following week and saw none of his objections in play. And I have stayed in more Hiltons than he has.
This place is good for families and for those visiting Vandenberg AFB. It lies on the north side of town and no good restaurants are within walking distance, but there is a grocery and some hamburger places.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front overlook the pool. Those in the back are quieter with fewer kids.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_GMGolda, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is always great to hear back from top contributors such as yourself. Each and every day, our staff is working hard to make sure our guests have the best possible experience. Getting positive feedback like this makes everything we do worth it, from the front desk staff, to the suitekeepers, to the landscaper and to the F&B team. We hire only the best and brightest hospitality stars and we’re proud of our team! Again, we greatly appreciate your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We always know everything will be in working order and clean. The breakfast is fantastic and cooked to order. This hotel is located close to Solvang and the Chumash Casino with a better rate than lodging closer to those attractions. We ate dinner in the Santa Maria area because Lompoc does not offer the kind of dining we were looking for.

Room Tip: We always stay away from the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the very complimentary review of your hotel stay with us. I'm glad you found our hotel to your liking. So happy to hear that you love our ever-popular cooked-to-order breakfast! We are indeed close to Solvang and the Casino. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire staff. I hope if your travels bring you back to this area you will decide to stay with us again.
Pomona, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I think that this is a great place to stay. A nice little get away from the LA scene and rat race. Not far from the ocean and the Indian casino. This little hotel I would recommend to anyone who travels and will stay at this hotel chain again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in our level of service as well as the hotel itself. Again, I sincerely appreciate your wonderful feedback and hope you will stay with us again - the best hotel in town - when visiting the Central Coast.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Rooms were big and clean, just as expected at an Embassy Suites. What put our stay over the top was the bartender/breakfast chef Sonny. There are complimentary drinks and snacks that he runs by himself from 530 to 730, and he is fast, friendly, and fantastic! He remembered our drinks from night to night as well as anything we told him about our stay! He is the only chef for breakfast so sometimes the line is a little long, but he is so quick and can remember up to 4 or 5 orders at a time! He is super! He is the reason we will be coming back!

• Stayed July 2013
GM_GMGolda, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your positive comments. It is great to hear you enjoyed the comfort and convenience of our suites; and the quality and service of our complimentary breakfast and cocktail reception. I am delighted to read that you found Sonny to be top notch. It always pleases us when a guest had such a great time at our hotel and they feel the need to share the experience with others online. Thank you again for the great review. It was indeed a pleasure having you as our guest.

We look forward to seeing you next time. Let me know if I can ever be of any assistance to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Holiday Inn Express Lompoc
Hadsten House
Hadsten House
#3 of 10 in Solvang
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast? Share your experiences!