“Horrible! Not Embassy Suites!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
GreenLeadersBronze level
Anaheim, California
“Horrible! Not Embassy Suites!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Embassy Suites because it was the only Hilton property in and around Solvang so we could accrue points. We have never experienced a worse hotel!
When we arrived, the lobby didn't seem too bad. Then we headed to our room way back in the North 40 from the lobby and as we were walking, we felt like we were at a cheap motel. The first room they sent us to was musty and smelled like smoke. We phoned the lobby from the phone in the room and someone met us to take us to another room. When we arrived at the next room, the maintenance guy was in there working...on who knows what, because this room was filthy and needed repairs! Immediately I noticed marks on the ottoman, so I asked the ES employee what that was and she said "oh, I just sprayed Febreze" I thought to myself, are you serious? All over the furniture as we are entering the room? My husband and I knew it was going to be a looong night! There were too many issues to list, so I will highlight the most important because it involves safety. There was no smoke alarm and there were exposed wires hanging form where the alarm should have been. I don't know how HItlon allows a property like this to be under their name. Absolutely filthy and will never stay there again. Thankfully, this hotel was a 100% guarantee hotel, so I phoned HIlton after our stay and they are issuing us a corporate check for the full amount of the stay. We took pictures, so I will try to post soon. Just beware!

Room Tip: No good rooms. Entire hotel is old, filthy and extremely outdated.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GM_GMGolda, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed that your visit with us was not as pleasant as we all would have liked. Your feedback is appreciated as it allows me, the new Hotel General Manager, to perfect our service moving forward. Please know that I will address your concerns with the staff members you identified to ensure no recurrence. I'm happy to know that Hilton Worldwide have already issued you a 'Be My Guest' Certificate. I do hope that you return in the future and give us the opportunity to impress you with the service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
somewhere, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

There were obvious signs of mold in my room. The premises have not had a esthetic updates in a really long time. I feel like they are badly represented with this location. Room seemed somewhat dirty, people here were very sketchy. Don't get me wrong, I was raised in the ghetto but damn this is on another level! I wouldnt stay here again.

1 Thank Ana Marisol G
As always, we appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experiences both with us and other travelers on Tripadvisor. The stay described above falls far short of the manner in which we strive to treat our guests. I'm terribly sorry about that and committed to restoring the perception you had of the Embassy Suites Lompoc-Central Coast when you chose us for your visit. Given the seriousness of challenges mentioned, I have already addressed your incidences with the appropriate department managers so that there should be no recurrence to you or any other guest. I do hope you give us the opportunity to return so that you can regain your confidence in our services and operation. Please call my office directly as I would be more than happy to assist you with your arrangements and assure your next stay will merit nothing but praise.
fresno, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

enjoyed the spa and pool. nice and fresh and clean. breakfast was great. sunny's kitchen and sunny was very nice, quick and cordial. enjoyed the experience, would definately go again. randy and anita morris

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Mr. Randy and Anita Morris, thank you for your recent visit with us here at the Embassy Suites Lompoc-Central Coast. We greatly appreciate your business as well as your feedback. I'd like to thank you for your compliments towards Sonny as he is a key element to our winning team. We are also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities such as our swimming pool and spa. We do hope to have you back for another stay in the near future. Have a wonderful day!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wow, what a dump. I could not believe how bad this hotel was - needs to be torn down and then rebuilt. The rooms are smaller than the average embassy suites and furniture very very old and outdated. The desk chair was broken, air conditioner did not work. What prevents this hotel from one star is the very nice staff - front desk and maintenance very helpful. I may have to stay here again for work as choices in this town are very limited, but this was definitely not what you normally expect from an embassy hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank xiphoid76
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We respect our guests opinions and we value each and every one of you. I personally shared your concerns today at a mandatory staff meeting and reinforced the need for everyone's engagement with our guests. In addition, we will be replacing majority of our HVAC units this coming fall. I hope you have the opportunity to return and experience the changes we are making. We also truly appreciate your kind remarks about our staff and service! I, the new hotel General Manager, and my staff, are constantly working hard to create positive guest experiences.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place is in need of a major upgrade. The room smelled musty and old. The windows didn't open so there was nothing we could do to air it out. The room was much, much smaller than we'd expected. Other reviewers have mentioned that they do a nice breakfast in the morning, but we wouldn't know as we didn't even stay the night. We checked in, and 20 minutes later. . after finding out there were no other rooms available. . we checked out. It just wasn't for us. The front desk staff handled the situation incredibly well. They get kudos for that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I was disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us, especially to me, the new Hotel General Manager, because it allows me to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include Hilton properties, specifically, Embassy Suites Lompoc-Central Coast.
Sunnyvale, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Negatives - Stained carpet, missing smoke alarm (wires viewable), hole in the shower, brown liquid under the glasstop side table, drapes in the bedroom did not totally close, room next to the icemaker so we heard it all night. There are frogs in the water feature - so expect croaking at night. Positives - re: the free breakfast, the chef was great and the food was good. The design of the rooms (desk, good seating areas, separate bedroom and living room) was comfortable. You can close the drapes at the front of the room (over the door) and it not only gives more privacy but it also cuts down sound. I asked for an extra sheet when I made the reservation and they were kind enough have it in the room before we checked in. Overall: Far better than the Comfort Inn but we will probably try another hotel the next time we travel.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GM_GMGolda, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for the detail of your comments. I apologize your stay did not go well. I appreciate that you have given us a great list to work on and I will follow up on these items to ensure that what you have noted has been addressed. I hope you were able to give us some feedback during your stay so that we could have worked to address the items. Regardless, we will work on them now. I want to also thank you for pointing out some positive items. These will, for sure, be shared with my team. Again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay but hope you will give us another opportunity should your travels bring you back to the Central Coast.
Montrose, California
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've never had anything negative to say about any of my stays in an ES hotel before, but this one is the exception, not the rule. First thing when we walked into our room we noticed the funky odor and the stains all over the carpet and the ottoman. Not pleasant! Our rooms view was of the alley behind, which was busy with traffic most of the night. The best experience was with there restaurant staff and their efficiency.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GM_GMGolda, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and staff. We do apologize however, that we did not meet your expectations on the rest of your stay. We're actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority, and we can assure you that unclean rooms are certainly not typical of our hotel. We're always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and we will keep your comments in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Holiday Inn Express Lompoc
Radisson Hotel Santa Maria
Radisson Hotel Santa Maria
#2 of 21 in Santa Maria
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast? Share your experiences!