“Worst embassy suites ever!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Worst embassy suites ever!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Wow, what a dump. I could not believe how bad this hotel was - needs to be torn down and then rebuilt. The rooms are smaller than the average embassy suites and furniture very very old and outdated. The desk chair was broken, air conditioner did not work. What prevents this hotel from one star is the very nice staff - front desk and maintenance very helpful. I may have to stay here again for work as choices in this town are very limited, but this was definitely not what you normally expect from an embassy hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank xiphoid76
GM_GMGolda, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We respect our guests opinions and we value each and every one of you. I personally shared your concerns today at a mandatory staff meeting and reinforced the need for everyone's engagement with our guests. In addition, we will be replacing majority of our HVAC units this coming fall. I hope you have the opportunity to return and experience the changes we are making. We also truly appreciate your kind remarks about our staff and service! I, the new hotel General Manager, and my staff, are constantly working hard to create positive guest experiences.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This place is in need of a major upgrade. The room smelled musty and old. The windows didn't open so there was nothing we could do to air it out. The room was much, much smaller than we'd expected. Other reviewers have mentioned that they do a nice breakfast in the morning, but we wouldn't know as we didn't even stay the night. We checked in, and 20 minutes later. . after finding out there were no other rooms available. . we checked out. It just wasn't for us. The front desk staff handled the situation incredibly well. They get kudos for that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
I was disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us, especially to me, the new Hotel General Manager, because it allows me to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include Hilton properties, specifically, Embassy Suites Lompoc-Central Coast.
Sunnyvale, United States
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Negatives - Stained carpet, missing smoke alarm (wires viewable), hole in the shower, brown liquid under the glasstop side table, drapes in the bedroom did not totally close, room next to the icemaker so we heard it all night. There are frogs in the water feature - so expect croaking at night. Positives - re: the free breakfast, the chef was great and the food was good. The design of the rooms (desk, good seating areas, separate bedroom and living room) was comfortable. You can close the drapes at the front of the room (over the door) and it not only gives more privacy but it also cuts down sound. I asked for an extra sheet when I made the reservation and they were kind enough have it in the room before we checked in. Overall: Far better than the Comfort Inn but we will probably try another hotel the next time we travel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GM_GMGolda, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for the detail of your comments. I apologize your stay did not go well. I appreciate that you have given us a great list to work on and I will follow up on these items to ensure that what you have noted has been addressed. I hope you were able to give us some feedback during your stay so that we could have worked to address the items. Regardless, we will work on them now. I want to also thank you for pointing out some positive items. These will, for sure, be shared with my team. Again, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay but hope you will give us another opportunity should your travels bring you back to the Central Coast.
Montrose, California
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I've never had anything negative to say about any of my stays in an ES hotel before, but this one is the exception, not the rule. First thing when we walked into our room we noticed the funky odor and the stains all over the carpet and the ottoman. Not pleasant! Our rooms view was of the alley behind, which was busy with traffic most of the night. The best experience was with there restaurant staff and their efficiency.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GM_GMGolda, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and staff. We do apologize however, that we did not meet your expectations on the rest of your stay. We're actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority, and we can assure you that unclean rooms are certainly not typical of our hotel. We're always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and we will keep your comments in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

I was a little concerned about this hotel, as it was one of the few with rooms avaliable in town when I booked our trip, but my worries proved unnecessary when we got there.
The receptionist was super friendly, and checked us in although it was really late.
The room was huge, with a living room as well as a bedroom, both equipped with big tvs.
Although we did not use them, there was a microwave and a minibar.
Everything was very clean and organized, the bed was super comfortable and the toiletries were by Crabtree and Evelyn.
The facilities were also great, the pool was big and full even at night.
I don't know if this is due to the fact that it was a Sunday, but breakfast was great. Besides the regular breakfast you usually get, there was a cook to order bar, where a chef prepared omelets, eggs, bacon and pancakes however you ordered.
Overall it was a great experience and I would most definetly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Renata D
Thank you for your feedback. I was glad to read that you found our staff to be “super friendly” . It is awesome to know that you liked the hotel features and enjoyed amenities we offer. We absolutely strive for that type of response and I am glad to hear we succeeded for you. You have a great perspective on some of the features that differentiate us from the other hotels in the area. We hope to see you on your next visit to the Central Coast.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The lobby smelt lovely and looked nice on arrival which gave me high hopes. However once in our room it was a let down. The suite needed an upgrade/clean: the carpets were filthy, the furniture was mis matched and dirty, the room smelt unpleasant, we had a wet carpet by the weird sink area in the bedroom (maintenance came to look and offered us a towel to place down or a fan). As mentioned the sink as was in the bedroom so once you've used the loo you have to come out of the bathroom to wash your hands (this is weird ?? Or is it just me). Generally the suite requires some clean white paint, carpet cleaned and modern furniture.
Lucky we only stayed here for one night.
The best thing about our stay was the included breakfast which was cooked to order.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and highlighting the issues you had with your experiences here at the hotel. I would like to apologize for your stay being less than satisfactory. We have now addressed these issues with regards to your experience as well ensuring they do not happen in the future. All the other items noted will definitely be considered on our next scheduled renovation.This type of feedback, however disappointing to read, does provide a great tool for training our team in our constant bid to improve our services. We value your business and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Central Coast.
Elk Grove, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Overall, a decent hotel. The one area that was lacking was not enough to sour my overall experience. Outside of that, the hotel furnishings seem dated and just adequate enough. My experiences with other Embassy Suites have set the bar high and in my opinion, this Embassy was below. One staff member was outstanding, Sonny, who appeared to run the breakfast, catered events, manager's reception areas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

GM_GMGolda, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback as we will use it to improve. Thank you also for highlighting Sonny. He is indeed one of our star employees. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Holiday Inn Express Lompoc
Hadsten House
Hadsten House
#3 of 10 in Solvang
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast? Share your experiences!