“Wonderful place to stay”

O'Cairns Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
Bowie, Maryland
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I usually try to stay at the Embassy Suites when I come to Lompoc. This is in just about every way its equal. I had a little trouble figuring out the the shower but with a little experimentation I got like I wanted (not a complaint-every hotel has its idiosyncrasies). I did try to use the DVD player but could never find the TV input for it (the last night, so no big deal). Breakfast was brilliant, happy hour warm and friendly and the staff never failed to be courteous and helpful. Wifi is free and fast. The hotel is convenient to get to and it's a straight shot to the gate at VAFB I was using. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to all my colleagues and others whose travel takes them to Lompoc.

Room Tip: There's not a lot of traffic noise in Lompoc and 'tho this is the first time I've stayed...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Streetsboro, Ohio
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Driving north to Lompoc will make you question whether you'll ever see civilization again. However, your fears will be erased upon arrive here. It isn't a tourist destination by any means, but the perfect stopping point if you need to stay over while driving up the west coast. The courteous staff lowered are already fair rate by $30 at the desk and offered us many complimentary items such as ice cream, fruit, etc. The room was nice and clean and had 50 inches of flat screen fun. And the breakfast...you might not need another meal until dinner if you do it right. Unreal. You'll think it is a ghost town but will soon find there are many restaurants nearby if you need to make dinner plans. Very comfortable bed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Attention to detail and to guest comfort make this basic hotel special. A happy hour includes free pizzas; breakfast is cooked to order, rooms are clean and comfortable, and staff members are friendly and helpful. We didn't swim but the outdoor pool looked inviting. We were happy we stayed here!

1 Thank PhyllisSanJose
Fremont, California
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have stayed here several times, to visit my son since he was stationed at Vandenberg AFB and now works there as a civilian. Its nice to not have to worry about where are we going to eat breakfast, cause their breakfasts is awesome. My son was getting Married and having bad luck with securing a justice of the peace and one of the girls working there gave a number of someone who might be available and some suggestions. I love the rooms with the refrig and microwave I was able to make choc covered strawberries for their wedding...We come all the way from the SF Bay Area and did not have access to a kitchen...I have never been disappointed with my stay the staff and personel have always been helpful and cheerful. I have stayed there once since the separated from best western and I did not notice a differance...I love to stay here.

Room Tip: I did not use room service but I remember my mother-in-law and aunt had to call down to the office c...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary F
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel was a pleasant surprise! Service is great and the bed is awesome, I wanted to take it home! During happy hour you get free drinks and pizza, also ice cream is free. Breakfast was great, the best we had so far, it took only quit long before we got it. So here a tip, order your breakfast and go back to your room to pack! Laundry is free, so is wifi and parking.
Oh and they have a pooltable.... Would defenitely stay here again, it has better service than the Hilton!

Room Tip: You get so many free drinks and food that this place is actually cheap. Happy hour is from 5-8 from...
1 Thank kalandra
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is possibly the best hotel we went to today. I mean they just give you million things with so much warmth that you will be instantly won over. Upon arrival we got icecreams, a complimentary dvd rental and complimentary breakfast. We will be going there soon again for a weekend getaway! Just loved it!!!

1 Thank pikus g
Orem, Utah
Reviewed July 19, 2012

As a tough reviewer and finicky hotel guest, I have to admit I was a little nervous about making a reservation here. I only did it based on the limited availability elsewhere and the positive reviews of previous guests. Plus, the pictures made the place look small and dated.

But when we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised! Yes, the decor needs updating - it's very 80's with lots of oak, but aside from that, the service was fantastic - above and beyond for a hotel of this caliber! The rate included a full, made-to-order breakfast (not the continental toast and coffee of other places), all the complimentary ice cream you could eat and a huge collection of DVDs! The room was, again dated in it's decor, but very comfortable and immaculate. It included a full-sized refrigerator and microwave for doggy-bag left-overs, flat screen TV, DVD player and stereo system! The service was also above and beyond and we were made to feel right at home.

I'll make it a point to stay here again on my next visit to Lompoc.

Room Tip: The building is older and floors can squeak a bit, so consider a request for a second floor room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rod R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Embassy Suites by Hilton Lompoc Central Coast
Wine Valley Inn & Cottages
The Landsby
The Landsby
#2 of 10 in Solvang

Been to O'Cairns Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!