“Good stay, but I'd go elsewhere next time”

Lotus of Lompoc - A Great Hospitality Inn
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
Kettering, Ohio
“Good stay, but I'd go elsewhere next time”
Reviewed April 13, 2009

Very clean. Newly renovated. Wrong end of town from entertainment. Didn't care for the piercing once over given at check in by the clerk when I gave her my ID. Felt like she expected me to be pulling something over on her. Check out was effective, be sure to have them take off the safe charge if you don't use the safe. I was put off by the need for all the spotlights in the parking lot. This must be a crime area. Next time I'll save the cash and stay at the M6 on the other side of town, near restaurants, etc. Loved going to the beach at the Amtrak station and taking the downtown walking tour.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I was passing through Lompoc on a solo bicycle tour and booked the Travelodge ahead of time. Once I checked into the room I immediately noticed a rotten smell (kind of like sulfer from nasty water). I figured I could put up with that and I was too tired to look for someplace else. Then I went to take a shower. COLD WATER! I let it run, changed the position of the knob, etc. with no luck so I just sucked it up. I called the front desk and she said when they remodeled they switched the cold and hot water, so you have to turn it to cold and let it run for a while. She said she's had complaints about that before. You'd think they'd get a clue and let there guests know at check in. Then the pounding and sawing started in the room right next door. The motel was virtually empty and they put me up in the one room right next to where they were doing major remodeling. If I had a car instead of my bicycle I would have asked for a refund and found another motel.

On the plus side, the rooms do seem to be clean with a comfortable bed. The WiFi works well (at least in my room) and they have a continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank spandoman

Travelers are raving about these Lompoc hotels

california
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Nice quiet hotel with friendly staff. Bed and bedding was very comfortable. Plasma television was an added bonus. Nice tiled bathroom with rain shower head.

High speed internet was good. It was nice that they had a dsl hook-up as well as the wi-fi.

Will return to Travelodge on the next business trip.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Welllington
Reviewed December 10, 2008

We booked this as a last minute choice via the Travellodge website. We were very impressed by everything - price, cleanliness and furnishings. Very comfortable bed and free wireless.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Location is pretty charmless
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Orlando, FL
Reviewed October 28, 2008

Great Place to stay and excellent service

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed August 27, 2008

+ very clean room with a nice bathroom and a modern Flat-TV
- expensive and the brakefast was very tiny

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
la paz
Reviewed April 9, 2008

We traveled as a family, 2 parents and 3 little ones. I booked the room over the phone while on the road. The desk clerk gave us great directions from L.A. We arrived a little early and we were able to check in to our room. WOW! We were pleased with the amentities and our room was fresh and clean. What a bargain! Our room was suitable for our needs. The carpet looked clean enough to let our baby play on the floor. We were able to enjoy the barbeque area that evening. We a were comfortable and it was quiet. Overall, our stay here was excellent and we would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The variety of the items for continental breakfast
  • Disliked — The parking
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank roadrunna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Lompoc Valley Inn & Suites
#2 of 21 in Santa Maria
Travelodge Santa Maria
Travelodge Santa Maria
#4 of 21 in Santa Maria

Been to Lotus of Lompoc - A Great Hospitality Inn? Share your experiences!