“Can't recommend this hotel. There's a lot better to be found in Lompoc.”

Lotus of Lompoc - A Great Hospitality Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
Reviewed March 25, 2009

I was passing through Lompoc on a solo bicycle tour and booked the Travelodge ahead of time. Once I checked into the room I immediately noticed a rotten smell (kind of like sulfer from nasty water). I figured I could put up with that and I was too tired to look for someplace else. Then I went to take a shower. COLD WATER! I let it run, changed the position of the knob, etc. with no luck so I just sucked it up. I called the front desk and she said when they remodeled they switched the cold and hot water, so you have to turn it to cold and let it run for a while. She said she's had complaints about that before. You'd think they'd get a clue and let there guests know at check in. Then the pounding and sawing started in the room right next door. The motel was virtually empty and they put me up in the one room right next to where they were doing major remodeling. If I had a car instead of my bicycle I would have asked for a refund and found another motel.

On the plus side, the rooms do seem to be clean with a comfortable bed. The WiFi works well (at least in my room) and they have a continental breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank spandoman

Reviewed March 11, 2009

Nice quiet hotel with friendly staff. Bed and bedding was very comfortable. Plasma television was an added bonus. Nice tiled bathroom with rain shower head.

High speed internet was good. It was nice that they had a dsl hook-up as well as the wi-fi.

Will return to Travelodge on the next business trip.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 10, 2008

We booked this as a last minute choice via the Travellodge website. We were very impressed by everything - price, cleanliness and furnishings. Very comfortable bed and free wireless.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2008

Great Place to stay and excellent service

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2008

+ very clean room with a nice bathroom and a modern Flat-TV
- expensive and the brakefast was very tiny

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 9, 2008

We traveled as a family, 2 parents and 3 little ones. I booked the room over the phone while on the road. The desk clerk gave us great directions from L.A. We arrived a little early and we were able to check in to our room. WOW! We were pleased with the amentities and our room was fresh and clean. What a bargain! Our room was suitable for our needs. The carpet looked clean enough to let our baby play on the floor. We were able to enjoy the barbeque area that evening. We a were comfortable and it was quiet. Overall, our stay here was excellent and we would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank roadrunna
Reviewed November 24, 2007

These people charged my creditcard $50 for incidentals. we did not use any incidentals but got charged $3.00 completely without explanation. The refridgerator made noise all night long. I had to unplug it from the wall so we could sleep. The hot and cold handles on the faucet in the sink were reversed cousing burnt hands. All in all it was a really bad place to stay. will not stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2007
4  Thank klipho
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
2 mi away
King Frederik Inn
King Frederik Inn
#5 of 11 in Solvang
Hilton Garden Inn Lompoc

Been to Lotus of Lompoc - A Great Hospitality Inn? Share your experiences!