“Nice hotel”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Lompoc
Moreno Valley, California
“Nice hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

You get what you pay for with this hotel. The outside looked okay but the rooms were newly renovated with hardwood floor, granite counters in the bathroom, and has flat-screen TVs. The bed was comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was great. The staff was also nice and friendly. My only complaint would be poor wifi connection and the water in the shower did not warm up enough. The neighbors can also be a bit noisy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Pros:
Clean, non-smoking room was absolutely non-smoking
Newly renovated with hardwood floors
New clean bathroom
Seems to be in an okay area.
Good Wifi signal, new LCD TV
Excellent firm bed with clean linens

Cons:
Simple carb-full breakfast, better to just skip it. OJ was good and not watered down though.
No elevator
Edge of city, not by much.
Lots of Road noise.

What kept it from being perfect--Those storm shutters do not shut out the light and there is a light right in front of the window! Only got 4 hours of sleep due to light pollution!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Glendale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was a bit skeptical looking at the outside, but took a chance, and the price helped with the decision. The office staff was very friendly and helpful. We got to our room and was pleasantly surprised. The room had been completely updated. Wood floors, granite bathroom counter, walk-in shower and a great bed! The bed was so comfortable, I wish I could've slipped it in my back pocket. The shower was a corner unit and a bit small for me, but it did it's job. We'd plan to eat in Solvang, but stopped in for a quick bite to hold us over. Waffles, mini muffins and sweet bread, cereal, juice, coffee & tea. Had it included breakfast meat, I would've been happy to eat there and save the money. At check out, I told the office person I wish I'd booked my second night here and if I'm ever back, this is where I'll stay. The only down point is they do not have a workout room, but the bed makes up for it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Southern California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I booked this hotel relying on all the good reviews I read. It is a nice little motel for the price. We got there late at night and luckily it was before they close for the night. Yes, a motel actually closes! The place doesn't look like much from the outside but the room was very nice. It was remodeled and was very comfortable. There was crown moulding, wood shutters, and plush carpet. The room was a little on the small side with two double beds taking up most of the space. The bathroom was decent but the shower is rather small. The shower was the only unpleasant part of my stay. I checked out the free continental breakfast but opted to just get on the road. It was a standard breakfast spread. Oh, and the hotel had not reopened by the time we left at 8am. I guess being in a somewhat small town that kind of thing must be normal.

I would stay here again if I'm ever in that area again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We did not expect anything from that hotel; we only wanted a place to sleep.
From the outside, it looks OK, and then, once in our room, we found it very clean and even very cute. Everything was renovated and, even though it is small, we had everything needed; Fridge, Hair Blower, Iron, towels, etc.

Very good quality/price!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reseda
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Pretty clean room, neighbors were noisy. Like the remodel. Lobby was ok, service wasn't the greatest. Kinda dingy.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lompoc
Lompoc Valley Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in Buellton
King Frederik Inn
King Frederik Inn
#6 of 10 in Solvang

Been to Lotus of Lompoc - A Great Hospitality Inn? Share your experiences!