Jalama Beach County Park
$161
$169
$157
Holiday Inn Express Lompoc(Lompoc)(Great Value!)
$117
$79
Travelocity
$70
Orbitz.com
All reviewswindy roaddump stationsanta barbararvhookupselectricityhwy
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We spent the most wonderful 4 days at this camp. Bookings can be made on-line now as well as reservations for specific spaces.

It is a long slow 14 mile drive to get from the highway to the camp, a very narrow curvy, hilly road that deserves all the care you can give it. But once you get there the view and serenity is well worth the effort.

There are about 100 spaces for tents, trailers, coaches. With location every type of space from actually on the beach, to wind protected tent areas, to the balcony row mostly coaches up here. It can be a tight place for a 38-40ft to get in and out of but with the help of another camper is not to difficult to get in and out of. They now have a row of about 10 cabins just below the balcony row big enough for a family to stay with a car next to it.

Hook-ups are power only or dry. Water is available all over the camp ground, and there is an easy to get to dump station for those who need it. There is a small shop with a café inside. There are old but decent clean showers that run on quarters, usually 2 will do, and clean bathrooms.

The Jalama Burger is okay but not all it's cracked up to be. And be careful when you order fires, you get a bucket load, a single order is enough for 4 people easily.

We will definitely be visiting it again. The peace and tranquility, very friendly staff, happy campers and Sunrise & Sunset are spectacular.

Room Tip: No Rooms - Family cabins - Camp ground with spaces for tents, trailers, coaches etc.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank SquireDude
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I think this place is special. Not everyone would agree, I'm sure! It's not the Ritz, but it's not camping either. My vision was a fun family time right on the beach, and all of us would agree that it was. The Albatross cabin slept 6, but there was 4 of us plus 2 dogs and I wouldn't have wanted more occupants given that we were all adults and good sized ones at that. Coming from Orange County, we made a stop at Costco in Goleta to pick up most of our food. The cabin was well equipped to prepare and serve everything we'd brought (no oven, keep in mind....just a cooktop). Nice TV with satellite and also a Blu-ray player. There's a little store/restaurant with all the important things you might have missed. For example: S'mores makings....of course we had to have those. The accomodations are perfectly fine and comfortable. We mainly ate, relaxed, walked on the beach, and sat by the fire (it was March). Important what we did NOT do: Check our cell phones, tablets and laptops. You are cut off, and that's wonderful. We actually got to talk to our 19- and 30-year old sons. On Saturday we drove the 25 miles into Lompoc and did some wine tasting. All in all it was great and we definitely would do it again. But appreciate it the first time; it's well worth the experience.

Room Tip: I think all of the cabins would have perfectly fine views. You're about 1500 yards from the water. Your neighbors in the other cabins are close but they were all friendly and it was a good experience.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank redborn51
Reviewed March 19, 2013

While camped at Morro Bay SP, friends told us about Jalama Beach. Was indeed worth the 14.5 mile windy, curvy road from Hwy 1. Coming over the last summitt, you see the deepest blue Pacific with white ribbon surf and sand. This secluded site is almost 60 years old ... and due to budget cuts, is showing it's age. However, these do NOT impede the quietness of solitude and the vast panorama b4 your eyes. RV hookups are 30 amp only, and only top two terrace levels. If your RV water is low, best to pull-up to the big tank and fill up before you hook up. The onkshore wind can be really strong, so have good books or videos. ALERT - no cell phone or internet ... unless you have sat. dish on your roof. We found an awesome collection of small rocks along edge of the surf ... bucket fulls in fact. Suggest planning spend a minimum of 2-3 days to warrant the long drive - since you have retrace back to Hwy 1. Online reservations since March 1st makes it even more attractive.

Room Tip: The cabins are reserved months in advance. The ADA rental is really great.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jwalk77
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'm not a camping kinda of person, more of a city slicker but I always wanted to camp by the beach. Found this hidden Gem, passing Santa Barbara.
It's a state park, I rented a Cabin, we were 2 families with little ones under 4 years old. The cabin was perfect, had all the ammenties, small kitchen, DVD player, beds, bring your on blankets or sleeping bags,ect ect. You really feel like your someplace else, beach is located 15miles from Lompoc, no houses around.
There is a market on site, so if you forgot anything they have it., plus a little restaurant with the best burgers, friendly people,
No cell reception, which is kinda nice, but if you need to call out, they have a few pay phones. You really feel your out in nature, beautiful sunsets, they only thing that you must deal with is the wind, during the day it was fine, but at nite it was windy, a few tents flew away, but I was lucky I rented a cabin, so the wind did not bother me. You have to book 6 months in advance if you want a cabin, if you want to park your RV with your tents, you don't have to book that far in advance, sometimes they have something that same day but summer is high peak, bathrooms and showers were very clean, showers had warm waters and heard they were very clean, I had a cabin and that was perfect for me and my family. I went in August and that was a perfect time to go, weather wise. My family had a blast , these are memories they will have forever, playing in the sand, enjoying an ice cream with no cares in the world. If your like me and cant rough it out, a cabin is the perfect choice.Doesn't get better than this.
Alcohol is allowed.no noise after 10pm.
Park rangers are very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank pgdulce
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband booked this trip for our anniversary and I wasn't thrilled. Beach sand, no fancy restaurants. BUT it ended up being wonderful. On the sand with our dogs and the best Jalama burgers ever.
Bring a flashlight and enjoy more stars than I have seen in years. The cabins are not easy to find a date to rent but if you can get one, enjoy!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple