Jalama Beach County Park
$159
EmbassySuites.com
$74
$69
Holiday Inn Express Lompoc(Lompoc)(Great Value!)
$117
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $136/night.

$120
$69
$66
$60
Red Roof
All reviewswindy roaddump stationsanta barbararvhookupselectricityhwy
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'm not a camping kinda of person, more of a city slicker but I always wanted to camp by the beach. Found this hidden Gem, passing Santa Barbara.
It's a state park, I rented a Cabin, we were 2 families with little ones under 4 years old. The cabin was perfect, had all the ammenties, small kitchen, DVD player, beds, bring your on blankets or sleeping bags,ect ect. You really feel like your someplace else, beach is located 15miles from Lompoc, no houses around.
There is a market on site, so if you forgot anything they have it., plus a little restaurant with the best burgers, friendly people,
No cell reception, which is kinda nice, but if you need to call out, they have a few pay phones. You really feel your out in nature, beautiful sunsets, they only thing that you must deal with is the wind, during the day it was fine, but at nite it was windy, a few tents flew away, but I was lucky I rented a cabin, so the wind did not bother me. You have to book 6 months in advance if you want a cabin, if you want to park your RV with your tents, you don't have to book that far in advance, sometimes they have something that same day but summer is high peak, bathrooms and showers were very clean, showers had warm waters and heard they were very clean, I had a cabin and that was perfect for me and my family. I went in August and that was a perfect time to go, weather wise. My family had a blast , these are memories they will have forever, playing in the sand, enjoying an ice cream with no cares in the world. If your like me and cant rough it out, a cabin is the perfect choice.Doesn't get better than this.
Alcohol is allowed.no noise after 10pm.
Park rangers are very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank pgdulce
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband booked this trip for our anniversary and I wasn't thrilled. Beach sand, no fancy restaurants. BUT it ended up being wonderful. On the sand with our dogs and the best Jalama burgers ever.
Bring a flashlight and enjoy more stars than I have seen in years. The cabins are not easy to find a date to rent but if you can get one, enjoy!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cathy L
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We just spent the day at Jalama Beach. We took the leisurely winding drive from Hwy 101 to Jalama Beach. We saw lots of deer and the scenery was beautiful this time of year, although dry.

We got out our beach chairs and had a lovely time reading, "people watching" and sunbathing until we decided to walk on the beach. We got black tar oil on the bottom of our feet and between our toes...YIKES! It was a pain to get it off! I can't imagine people with children or dogs digging in the sand and getting tar oil all over them. We could see an oil rig in the distance across the water and I'm sure that is where the oil was coming from. They really need to do something to clean this up.

The park rangers were very friendly and other than the tar oil, we enjoyed our day at Jalama Beach.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Deena J
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Our family had a reunion here this summer. THis was our first visit. We used cabins and RV spaces. Very best thing is that it is so isolated! You can walk 10 minutes either way along the beach and not see another person. Perfect for beach combing and long walks, tide-pooling. Very clean facilities and the camp hosts were very friendly and helpful. Camp store/restaurant was a little expensive--as you'd expect--but not too bad really. The food is great and there is a covered patio with tables to sit and eat. We'll be coming back as often as possible

Room Tip: Cabins were new in 2012.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Allen_R77
Reviewed September 6, 2012

It's a scene out of one of those penguin movies where the males are all huddled together keeping their egg warm. Tents (or the rented spaces) are so close together, you might as well go to Haiti and live in their tent city - at least you'd get a bit more room and some foreign aid.

I am not exactly sure why the area is so limited. There's plenty of space in the park;however, they limit the tents, RV's and cabins into a small jam packed area. It really is funny to see. AND - here's the best part - All the campers are located within the two access roads going in and out - Lovely exhaust fumes blowing in your tent along with whatever your close neighbor is burning. Yes! people actually PAY to do this????

No doubt this is a beautiful beach. It's just too bad it's a parks and rec area and not a nice developed spot to enjoy a true camping experience. At least they are saving the Snowy Plovers by keeping all the campers at NO2 exhaust fume levels. We wouldn't want to hurt the Plover population, but who cares about the humans.......Go FIGURE?

Room Tip: If you really want to stay here, get a cabin - althogh it takes about 6 months to get a reservation. there are a few that overlook the ocean and some that require looking past the tent city I described above.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family