“Date night dinner”

Cuisines: Mexican
Lompoc, California
“Date night dinner”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We have been to El Toro Bronco many times. Typically good food and good service. My husband and I both ordered burritos. I had the chili relleno and my husband the shredded beef. Although the burrito was good it was a little bland. Presentation gets a -zero. All they do is plop a burrito on a dish and serve it. The cook clearly has no thought about just throwing a burrito on the plate. Not sure what it would take for them to kick it up a notch and throw a dollop of daisy on there with a little green sprig of parsley. Anything to make it look like you order something that didn't come from a fast food restaurant. My husband also ordered French fries and I have to say those were probably the best I have had, They had a flaky coating on them with seasoning.

• Visited September 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Mediocre Mexican Food.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped by around 9:00 pm and they were ready to close. Maybe because of that the food was not as good as it could be, but it was our first time in this place, so I have nothing to compare it too. My stake was dry and overcooked. My friend ordered a burrito and he could barely eat it because the pork in it was not eatable (dry, overcooked).
The staff was very friendly and accommodating. That is probably the only good thing about this place.

Visited August 2013
Colorado
“Got sick from the food - be wary”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Visited there recently for carry out back to a hotel room across the street. After eating the shrimp and beef fajitas I became ill with indigestion, abdominal cramps, nausea, watery diarrhea, and severe dehydration over the next 72 hours, eventually arrested by Imodium. No doubt illness was directly related to the carry out at El Toro Bronco, Lompoc. Be very wary.

• Visited August 2013
Santa Barbara, California
“Best Mexican food in Lompoc”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very clean, fast service, nice bar, seems much cleaner than average California Mexican restaurant. Food isn't greasy and portions are nice. Specials are tasty. I eat here everytime I have to work in Lompoc. Great salsa with chips while waiting.

• Visited July 2013
Lompoc, California
“Molcajete”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have been there several times but the most memorable is the first time I had their Molcajete.... I am hooked!

• Visited December 2012