“Have you been there.....”

Sissy's Uptown Cafe
Ranked #2 of 116 Restaurants in Lompoc
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Dinner Thursday, Friday and Sat.at 5:00 PM. Lunch Monday - Saturday 11 AM to 2:30 P.M. Everything made from scratch with finest ingredients. Premium beef, hand made hamburgers, Santa Barbara fresh seafood, Santa Barbara Artisan Breads, and best wine selection on the Central Coast. All pie crusts hand rolled and made with fresh fruit - no canned fillings. We serve filet mignon, Colorado Lamb Chops, Fresh Salmon, Fresh Halibut, Pork Chops and gourmet hamburgers for dinner. House made soup, salads, and delicious sandwiches on artisan breads. Green Tree Organic Coffee - we go to all extremes to serve the finest food. Dine in and shop in our wine and gift store and receive a special discount.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

...If not, it is definitely worth the visit if you are in the vicinity. Sissy's is a small family owned restaurant in downtown Lompoc, CA, a few miles south of Vandenberg AFB, and about 15 miles west of the Santa Ynez Valley and its world renowned wineries and horse farms. When I say "family owned" , it is true...the energetic Steve greets and waits on guests, while his pretty wife and brother-in-law work in the kitchen and his charming mother-in-law roams between the rear dining room and the front cafe area, doing just about everything. During the time I owned a business in the nearby Santa Ynez Valley, I always recommended Sissy's to my friends and guests. Now that I have sold the business and moved further North, I still make an effort to visit Sissy's as often as I can.

The food is as fresh as can be and much care goes into its' preparation. The lunch menu offers a nice variety of homemade soups, salads, and sandwiches; my favorite being the grilled Turkey, Bacon, and Cotswald Cheese sandwich. The broccoli and cheese soup is "to die for!"

Stop by and visit Sissy's on your next journey to the area...you will not regret it.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Four of us stopped at Sissy's for lunch and were so pleased with the surroundings, the welcome, and the tasty food. One of us struck gold with the soup and quiche of the day, both were excellent, and not so filling that the tempting slice of homemade pie wasn't welcome. A safely mundane club type sandwich was also excellent, good bread and filling and a good side salad of fresh baby greens and homemade dressing. Pie, of course was wonderful, just too many flavors to choose from! It is a pleasant place to be, sunny and bright...perfect!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This restaurant has unique decor, but service and food were excellent. We ordered the Filet Mignon, and it was cooked to order and excellent. Homemade pie for dessert, made on premises -- to die for!

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

This place came recommended, food was acceptable, not great, but wayyyyy overpriced, 2 BLT, beer, pie= $39,00, ridiculously overpriced

3  Thank kleeottorogers
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went there for a lunch time visit with family around the holidays last year. Being my first time there - I wanted breakfast - but found out they only do lunch. Big downer for me and a couple of others. The prices for simple sandwiches and side orders of things will keep me from going back. The taste of food is good to decent - nothing overly spectacular - gotta admit. And, only for lunch it's open - it'd be so much more appealing to myself and others I've talked to if it was open for breakfast as well. And - in this economy to maybe have a "lite meals" or "early bird" lunches and a "senior" menu for those at that age group. None of these things apply to this place - and - it's a shame.

2  Thank hzlizs