Motel 6 Lompoc
$61
$57
$115
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Express Lompoc(Lompoc)(Great Value!)
$109
$69
$67
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Rooms are very small and out dated with and a tv to match.Beds and pillows are so cheap and uncomfortable its hard to sleep. Neighbors next door were tweekers and up all night making noise, called the front office and nothing changed.We moved to Red Roof Inn next day, worth the extra $10

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The owners obviously invested a fair amount in keeping this property fresh and marketable. However I had two issues:

1) an unfriendly late-night welcome which was largely offset by a very friendly morning departure.
2) a dirty room.

Cleanliness is the number one concern of hotel guests. When I enter a room, as I did at this property, and find hair and dirt on the countertops in multiple places I get the signal that the housekeeper was rushed or didn't care. Either way I close up and don't trust that the rest of the room was cleaned. So, I distrust the carpets, the door handles, the phone receiver, etc.

This motel lost my trust because of the failure of housekeeping. If I were GM I'd make sure that such an experience never happened again.

Room Tip: Ask to check it first to see if it has been carefully cleaned.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank User_Account_4592
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Small room, small bed, small towels, small television. The room was also damp and musty with an old, stained carpet. The volume on the remote didn't work. The wi-fi was not complimentary and cost 2.99 a night. The signal looked really week, so we decided not to spend the extra money. No clock in the room. No breakfast - just coffee in the lobby for a couple of hours. To be fair, the room was reasonably clean. However, at $77.00 a night (we stayed on a Saturday), you would think they could shell out some cash for complimentary wi-fi.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ValentinoDrag
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Very clean room (#105). Comfortable bed. I used the second bed to house my belongings. Perfectly functional bathroom with everything working. I chose to have a front room close to the office, so there was SOME noise from the highway early in the morning when traffic started up. Re the lady who wants artwork and would rather pay $20 more to get it. Why didn't she just go to another place? There are plenty of other more expensive choices in the area, but I chose to pay $20 less. As someone else pointed out, there are stores and restaurants galore on both sides of the highway. The only thing I would suggest would be a fridge in each room. Most budget travelers are toting food items and a fridge would be a big plus.

Room Tip: I think there might be two other motel buildings behind the first one. There would obviously be less highway noise there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Motel 6 Lompoc on Saturday March 10, 2012. We stayed here only because everything was filled up in Solvang and Buelleton. We had decided last minute to go to Solvang for the weekend and apparently there was a big bike race in town and most everything was booked. Since I didn't want to pay $400 to stay in Solvang, I looked a little further down the road and ended up at Motel 6 in Lompoc. This motel is very basic but it was fine for one night. The bed was really hard, but after a day of Solvang, wine tasting and casino we were too tired to care. The next morning we got up and drove into Solvang for breakfast which took about 20 minutes. This hotel was fine. It was located in a decent area of town, there was a Starbucks, Taco Bell, Panda Express and KFC all within walking distance. I felt safe to park my car in the parking lot. The room was fine and clean. It could of used a hairdryer so if you are going to stay here, bring your own. I would stay here again if everything else was booked.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple