“Great Food, Fine Service makes this Lompoc Valley's best choice for quality dining.”
Review of Restaurant 4300 - CLOSED

Restaurant 4300
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Restaurant 4300 is the newest restaurant in Lompoc, located at the Village Country Club, near Vandember Village, is the perfect place for a lunch or dinner with a great golf course view in Santa Barbara Wine Country. 15 minutes away from the Wine Ghetto, in Lompoc, open for Lunch Tuesday thru Sunday from 11 AM to 2 PM and for Dinner Wednesday thru Saturday from 5 PM to 9 PM. Her owner Sonseeah Gil, was the original owner of Sissy's Uptown Cafe, also in Lompoc. The food is fresh, made daily out local ingredients only and the dinner menu change every week according to season and what is ripe at the moment. The Chef Ariel Battafarano, is from Argentina, so go open to try mediterranean food, with some latin vibes. The wine list is for the most part affordable from local wineries only, you can met local wine makers every now and then. The ambient is casual, it's not fine dining, a lot of golfers, local business people and military from the base, great place to keep it secret. I recommended to everybody who likes good, simple, fresh food, it worth the drive, specially if you are wine tasting in the region.
Lompoc, California
Reviewed February 27, 2012

My spouse and I have been to this restaurant several times as a couple and with friends. We've also visited other restaurants in the Lompoc Valley and surrounding communities, so we know the field pretty well. This place stands up well in comparison with much pricier restaurants in the Santa Ynez Valley and Santa Barbara. The menu items are imaginative and well-prepared with fresh local ingredients. The sauces are a particular strength of this restaurant. The service is excellent and the owner, Sonseeah Gil, has always been there to visit with her diners. It's obvious that Restaurant 4300 is more than just a business for Sonseeah; if her patrons are happy, she's delighted. Our favorite day to go is Sunday when there are typically 2-3 menu offerings, each a complete three-course meal for a very reasonable set price (currently $18). There's a very fine wine and beer selection, too, featuring local brands. It's truly an excellent restaurant.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank LikesGoodFood_12

Lompoc, California
“Good, not great”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Food was good. Lunch was a bit skimpy. Dinner was better but not overly fancy. There are better in the area.

2 Thank Schmeis
salem, or
“Restaurant Needs Improvement”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Our Valentine's Day dinner menu listed entrees and desserts, but no salads. Accordingly, we expected a salad to be included. We were wrong.

The restaurant is bland, almost dismal in appearance. However, my wife's coconut curry mahi-mahi was very good, as were the housemade rolls. My steak was cooked to medium as requested, and with a peppercorn sauce was very good. Unfortunately, too much of it was inedible. The included potatoes and vegetable were delicious.

The manager was friendly and offered us a complimentary chocolate dessert. It must have been excellent as my wife left me none.

The restaurant, while good in some respects, desperately needs improvement.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank nomiddleseat
Chandler, Arizona
“interior needs major help and meal was not that memorable.. but I'd it give another shot”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

This was a very difficult restaurant to review for the main fact that I was highly put off by the ambiance and the interior decorating and feel of the restaurant - it really was a disappointment and a mood-killer when we walked in (granted I was with a coworker, so I wasn't looking for a certain "mood" to be set, I just expected much higher quality setting for the menu I had seen and the restaurant's category and new reputation). Anyway, on to the rest... interior was white walls, it was dark, so the big windows that let you see in to the "great views of the golf course" were useless as the lighting in there is so bright and so overhead that it is all glare from the windows (they really need to get that lighting re-done for that place.. as well as the wall colors and decorations - as there are none). Our server was good, friendly and quick and helpful; the owner (Sissy) came by to fill our water and to chat w/ us - that was nice; the place was quite empty when we arrived but filled up a bit more (btw - they need some music in that place - since the tables are so far apart, it is DEAD quiet.. a piano playing or something); the menu was not the most memorable; the Longoria Pinot Noir was either just recently open, or opened and put in the fridge and left to absorb a lot of flavors from the fridge - it was just not good; the scallop dish (the special of the nite) was ok - I wasn't impressed; Overall, in regards to the food, I was not excited about any of it as none of it stood out or amazed my palate. I had entertaining company, so that helped the time go by more enjoyably. Short story - I may return for an earlier meal to see how it is when not so dark.. and I will try another menu item and give it another shot... buut, who knows - I may not be missing much.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank artique
santa barbara
“Best restaurant in Lompoc area”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have gone here many times and took clients here the other night. Excellent wine list of local wines. The menu is diverse yet limited to a manageable number of items that can be individually cooked. The proprietor, Sensilla, makes sure all is well making several brief trips to our table. The dinner is paced to our needs with attentive but not intrusive staff. And this is all at the elegant country club location overlooking the golf course. Open to the public.

• Visited October 2011