“One of the few Good BBQ places around.”

Harry's Oklahoma Style Smokehouse BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Harrys is one of the few real BBQ places around in this area.
The quality here is Very Good, not real cheep price wise, but not to bad either, the sauce, which is the real deal on BBQ,
we found to be real good aswell. Try the Ribs, and
you should need those extra napkins, because its a little messy
like all good BBQ.. Right on Narbonne ave, drive slow, its easy to miss if you going fast.
Check for the specials, or call first.

Ritchie H

8  Thank Ritchie H

Reviewed January 14, 2012

As long as you understand that this is a take out place first of all, and an eat in place only secondarily then you will do fine. I agree that the beans and slaw are ordinary, and I'm not a pulled pork fan, but if you are looking for good bbq ribs, this is as good as any I've ever ahd.

3  Thank traveller90210
Reviewed May 1, 2011

If u want some great BBQ this is the place! The restaurant is decorated so cute and the service is very downhome! I felt like I was in a real southern kitchen! The food was wonderful and the portions were great. My husband and I recommend this place highly and will definitely be back soon!

4  Thank Brittdee
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Well, where do I start.

I read a recommendation by the Daily Breeze. Called my father of 83 years of age and said "Let's go out for some smoked ribs".
My anticipation of some great food com'in was ready. We walked in to the place which has a small dining room(four tables, two young people for servers). No one greeted us, so we just sat down. Two other tables were with families. After about 10 minutes a young lady came by and asked what we would like to drink and if we were ready to order. We asked for a menu. Then brought our drinks. She asked, "So are you ready?" No smile, didn't care attitude, just perturbed. So I ordered for both of us - St. Louis Ribs with cole slaw and beans.
Waited for about 10 minutes and she brought biscuits and cornbread. We sat for about 5 minutes waiting for silverware. None. I got up and got it myself. (I guess this is self-serve). About 15 minutes later our food came. The sides were wrong, some sort of bean dish and beans - no slaw. I told her about it. She took them with a disgusted look. We started eating and she came back with the right sides, but then informed us that the ribs were baby backed and cost more and that she had our St. Louis Ribs in the back. I said, " no problem, was there a cost difference". She said, "One dollar". I agreed to pay. We ate our food which was average. Then she brought the check. She charged us for an extra drink at $2.25. I mentioned it to here and she corrected the check and said, "Is that ok". I gave here the money and she left. I turned to my dad and said, "Let's get the hell out of here". I left her a $3 tip on a $45 tab. I shouldn't have even left that.
I could also, hear the other server saying he was sorry for wrong things he had brought out for his tables.
Let me be perfectly clear. I am easy going and will take a lot of abuse from servers, but 3 strikes and your out. This place is not being watched by its owners Jon Harry and Margot Bayouth. I would fire the staff and bring in new people. (I work customer service and would never allow this). The indifference in this place is huge. In that they do not have and e-mail address on there site for complaints, this review is the best I can do.
The food has gone average, and the service is atrocious. I will not be back.
My last comment is that how the Daily Breeze could give this place a good rating is hilarious. They need to rethink there review process. I and my dad would be glad to help.

4  Thank Dieselkmf
Reviewed January 1, 2008

The BBQ sauce makes the meal as well as the cornbread. They will deliver all the way up to Santa Monica too!

2  Thank MC9600