“Great food & views”

River's Edge
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Loleta
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 5, 2014

ON a self toured "progressive meal in Humboldt County,4 of us stopped in between the lunch and dinner service for a glass of wine and "snacks".
We finally decided on the steamer clams, they were AMAZING.We ate the sauce with our clam shells while waiting for more bread. The service was grand and the view below beautiful. The best thing we had eaten so far. Would come back again for the clams.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a pricey restaurant, with average food. I ordered the Captains Platter, $28. I had a green salad that looked like the bag salad that you buy from COSTCO and not at its freshest date. The "scampi" was 2 regular size shrimp, again like the ones you buy frozen in a bag from COSTCO in a watery sauce with chopped tomatoes, deep fried calamari (good) and 2 crab cakes (good). The garlic mashed potates were maybe a quarter cup in size, with a small portion of squash. My husband had the Fettuccine and clams which he liked. Our friends had the Fish Taco Trio, he said it was good, and the Cobb Salad, which was not made with fresh greens, was mediocre $$. The breakfast the next day was good but our orders were mixed up.The decor of the restaurant is quite nice, but I was hoping for great food not just average.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Sounded good on this Memorial Day Holiday. And bbq ribs, chicken, tri-tip and all the trimmings got our mouth's watering. Well the fun stops there however..The 3 meats were so over cooked and dryed out it was pathetic. They might of been good "yesterday". But should not have been served today..Shame on this restaurant! The corn on the cob side was small and so old. I call it " cow corn". I had to pick a few slimy, black pieces of lettuce greens out of my salad. I find I'm doing this more and more as restaurants cut corners.. Poor, low quality meal. And only $12.95! On a positive note: Very pleasant wait staff. Beautiful valley and green hills view out all of the windows. Dining room decor is very nice.

view out all of the windows

Reviewed October 26, 2013

After check out, we decided to eat at the River's Edge located inside the hotel. We ordered your average style breakfast but there was one item on the menu that sparked curiosity.....Try the French toast battered using Frosted Flakes! It was so good!!!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The River's Edge was a pleasant surprise for a hotel restaurant and it's a good thing, because there aren't any nearby alternatives. The food was good; the portions were generous; the menu offered a nice variety of choices at a variety of price levels - something for everyone. The staff was friendly and reasonably attentive.