All reviews big flat screen tv bathroom floor nice room booked this hotel clean rooms first floor road trip a great place to stay indoor pool humboldt county eel river gambling eureka slots elevator coast fortuna
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2018

This review is for the casino, not the hotel.
We decided to visit the Bear River Casino, because it was voted "Best of " in a recent poll. It was awful! The staff were unfriendly and the return on slots? There was none! Three of us were gambling. I lost $100, my sister lost $40, all in well under an hour. I don't expect to win every time but this was ridiculous! My husband who plays very little, dropped $35 in the first 10 minutes. Then he stopped. I wonder who voted in that poll. It must have been the group of owners and not the general public. Also, it was very smokey especially considering the number of fellow gamblers.

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed December 24, 2018 via mobile

We have been staying at this hotel for the last several years over Christmas. Great value for the price and the hotel rooms just were remodeled. It is nice and contemporary with a big flat screen TV. The employees are always nice and check in is quick and easy.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank hcinar
Reviewed November 7, 2018

Nicely located to Humboldt county recreation. Would have liked the café to be open earlier for a quick breakfast. Nice room and amenities. The windows needed washing badly but the rooms were clean and very comfortable bed. For a casino average prices.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank 484diane
Reviewed September 25, 2018

I like this casino and it's hotel, but early last Sunday morning we were awakened by violent fighting going on in our hallway on the first floor near the pool. We called the desk and they said Security was on it, but if that's their idea of on it, they need new security. It was disturbing beyond acceptable levels. They need to recheck their alcohol policies too, as these patrons were dangerously drunk on their premises.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank CSUSRN
Reviewed August 24, 2018

I stayed here twice, during commutes back and forth. I had planned on staying at another location but enjoyed my first stay so much I cancelled to other hotel and came back here. Location is very nice and clean, I really enjoyed the casino... (made some $$$) and had room service for dinner. Added it to my must stays when in the area.

Date of stay: August 2018