“Right next to the pool!”

Bear River Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Loleta
Lompoc
“Right next to the pool!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We got to check in a little early and we got what we wanted a room right next to the beautiful pool and fitness room. Our room was clean and beautiful and on the first floor.
The beds very comfortable and the bathrooms beautifully decorated. Very quite place to get some rest. M hubby went to the casino a few times but the smoke is so bad he didn't want to stay too long Parking is interesting and we found it kind of different but was able to find space when available. The area at the end of the structure has a very big problem with bird droppings. This needs some attention so no disease spreads from this and doesn't ruin cars. The area has so much to see, Redwoods, Ferndale, Eureka and don't forget to visit the Loleta cheese factory- yummy. Plus is free Wifi! But the negatives are no refrigerator or microwave. Why??? and no reasonably priced buffet??? 16 dollars for kids ???? really If you want families to come which I think is not on the agenda for an Indian casino then pleasing family are not important. Bring a cooler. Oh and who ever was in our room prior to use hid a glass pipe in the tissue box. I had never seen one that close so we took it to the front desk. The front desk lady was horrified and apologized. Really don't know why some one would hide something like this in the tissue box. Yikes. The whole area surrounding Loleta has pipe shops on every block so why am I surprised. Any ways we enjoyed this place non the less. We just may stay here again.

Room Tip: We liked the room next to the pool!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Spinner48
Colby K, Marketing Coordinator at Bear River Casino Resort, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hi Spinner48,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of how we did on your visit. We get many compliments on the comfort of our beds and I'm glad you had a similar, comfortable experience.
Thank you for bringing up the Microwave/Fridge and Brunch issues that you had as well. Guests can actually have a Fridge and/or Microwave set-up in their room at their request and we do offer a discount on our Sunday Brunch for children 3-12 ($8.95) and children under 3 eat for free. However, your review made us realize that we have not posted that information in a way that is convenient and easy for our guests to find. You will see it added to our website in the next 24 hours and we are currently evaluating other ways to communicate that information to our guests. If you would email me at your convenience, I would like to offer you a "thank you" for helping us become a better place to stay and play.
Thanks again for the feedback.

Colby
colbykeeler@bearrivercasino.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Williston
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We kind of had the idea that we would at least be able to see the ocean from the hotel since it was described as an ocean view room, but even from the 4th floor it was no where in sight. Instead, we had a very nice view of a convenience store and a couple of houses. I realize they used the ocean a a a way to entice guests, but if you have no ocean view, why advertise that you do? We weren't very pleased with the deception on the hotels behalf. Other than that, our stay was pleasant. We ordered dinner from rivers edge and it was great. I highly recommend the salmon. The blueberry pancakes for breakfast was
good as well. The staff at the restaurant were nice and friendly. The young guy that seated us seemed to be blown away that my husband and I have 4 children. He said "wow" and "is this all your family" and when my husband said yes we got another "wow". But I guess maybe he is an only child or
something. Our waitress was great though! Overall it was a nice stay, but I don't think we would return.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Kelleyrl22
Hi KelleyrI22,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of your stay with us. I'm glad to hear that overall it was pleasant and that you enjoyed the Salmon (one of my favorites!) and the breakfast at Rivers Edge Restaurant.
On a clear day you do get a very nice view of the ocean but you bring up a good point which we are currently addressing. We are in the planning stages of a website re-design and part of that does include giving people a better visual idea of what they're getting when they book an ocean view room. It's been feedback like yours that has brought this need to our attention.
We would love the opportunity to earn your business again and if you'll take a moment to email me personally, I'd like to find out how we can do that. Thanks again for leaving a review and I hope to hear from you.

Colby
Colbykeeler@bearrivercasino.com
Snohomish, Washington
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We reserved an oceanview suite. Our "view" was of the rooftop of the Porte-cochère, but if you stretched to the very right side of the window, you could see the ocean way, way, far away over the roof. Our room was lovely and very clean.
The biggest problems we encountered were surly attitudes from most of the staff we encountered. When we checked in and nicely asked about the room, we were just told that we had the same view as they did from the front desk (the Porte-cochère!) through which you could see the ocean if you leaned far to the right. Basically, deal with it. When we went to the restaurant to get a drink and an appetizer, the host said they didn't have any appetizers until dinner, and he didn't think the bartender came on duty in that (non-smoking) bar until 4, but he wasn't really sure. He suggested we go to the bar in the casino, which we did. Finding our way through the billowing smoke cloud, we found the bar and sat down, and sat, and sat and sat. The bartender saw us, but was talking to her friends and never did come over. After waiting 10 minutes, we just left and went back to the room to wait for dinner. We had driven a long way that day and just wanted to eat dinner and go to bed. We went back to the dining room when they were seating and had a very nice young waiter. He tried really hard despite the fact he was clearly new. The food was good though.
We went back to the room and settled in for the night. I noticed there was only one single serving coffee pod for the Kuerig for the 2 of us. I called to the front desk and explained the situation... I was very nice about it. I was met with dead silence from the other end of the phone. She finally made a heavy sigh and said she "okaay...I guess I can send someone up.". About 10 minutes later a very nice maintenance man came up with several pods.
Today we left for the day and when we came back, the bartender at the non-smoking bar was working and she was great. She really made an extra effort which was much appreciated.
I guess the biggest complaint is that while the hotel is lovely, they need to train their employees so the guests feel valued and not just a nuisance. The employees need to know what facilities do what, what the hours are and try and help the guests out with their requests or at least find out who can. A few other touches that could be valuable is real coffee cups in the rooms, instead of paper cups (they could even be logo mugs that could be offered for sale as souvenirs), two ply toilet tissue, and a little more generosity on the toiletries. We got one of those small one use bottles of shampoo and conditioner for two people for two days...that's it. I mean, it's a nice place, so stop skipping on things that could make it great!

Room Tip: Top floor, toward the middle of the building.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Teri J
Colby K, Marketing Coordinator at Bear River Casino Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
HI Teri,

Thanks for choosing us and for taking the time to leave us some feedback on your experience with us. We're sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations but are truly grateful for you taking the time to leave us a review. We are always striving to improve every aspect of our property and performance and you have certainly given us some areas where we need to evaluate how we can do better. I hope that you'll give us the opportunity to show you how great we can be. Would you please email me at; colbykeeler@bearrivercasino.com? I would really appreciate it.

Have a great day and thanks again.
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We got reservation a day before this lady named mistie was really polite we drove from ukiah so about 2.5 hrs when they told me over the phone ocean view I was thinking some closer view of the ocean .... But was ok I guess my kids got fun at the pool the food was great .... I was hoping to say hi to john O'neill my hubby ex boss from shokawah casino but aperently was his day off :( maybe next time that was the only reason why we book here

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank jarochitas2 .
HI Jarochitas2,

Thanks for staying with us and for leaving us some feedback. We're glad to hear the kids had fun in the pool area and that you enjoyed your meals. Personally, I love our food too! We're always telling John he needs to work more but he seems to think 60-70 hours a week is enough! Crazy right? haha ~ We hope you get the chance to see him on your next visit.

Have a great day and thanks again for taking the time to leave a review. We'll see you soon.
Reviewed June 30, 2014

In rm water bottles cost $3... no fridge.. no microwave. Not much of a view of ocean. Paid $117 for a basic king ocean view room. No breakfast buffet. Housekeeping was still cleaning at 7:30 pm. They blocked the hall with two carts side by side. Pool very small and was filled with bout 15 kids with no parental control. Tried to relax in hot tub while kids screamed at top of lungs and splashed at us. Bathroom in our room had no towel hook..so you have to walk across wet slippery floor to get towel. Hardley any water pressure in shower and almost slipped getting into shower ...there was no grip on floor...very slick. Wouldn't recommend this motel unless u were to gambel all night .

• Stayed June 2014
Penryn
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a new, much needed hotel in this area. Pros: Starting with the parking, it is covered with elevator access to the hotel. The staff is very friendly, check in was with no problem even when we were a bit early. Our room was located on the 2nd floor, originally we had reserved a room with Mountain View but we were upgraded to an Ocean View. It isn't really much of an "ocean view" as the ocean is quite a ways away. We hit rain while we were there unfortunately. The room is large and very clean and comfortable. We had a king bed, new flat screen tv, desk and chair, and lounge chair as well.The bathroom had a large shower with a very large "rain shower" head. The towels were fresh and large enough to accomodate my husband. The bed was quite comfortable with plenty of pillows. The room was quiet and we got a good nights rest. I highly recommend this hotel, we have stayed in Eureka at the Best Westerns and the Red Lion Inn and compared to the price we have had to pay, more than $30.00 more in Eureka, the motels and hotels in Eureka do not come close to this property....in price, comfort, quality, and of course the new aspect of it. The weather in Loleta is usually better than Eureka also. The only con is the restaurant in the hotel...pricey and not that good.If you are looking for a quick meal there is a hamburger place in the casino to eat at. We will definetly stay here again. The summer prices rise quite a bit in July as well as in Eureka, so do a comparison.

Room Tip: Top floors will give you a better view facing the west for a nice sunset.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn C
HI Carolyn,

Thanks so much for choosing us and for leaving a review of your experience. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I have passed along your review to our management team so that it can be shared with our employees. We love our Hotel and are glad that you enjoyed it as well. The beds are the best! Have a great day and thanks again for your feedback. We can't wait to serve you again.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stopped here on a drive from Los Angeles to Ashland and it was a good pit stop. It's certainly not a luxury hotel but it's very clean and the people that work there are friendly. The casino was a little lacking and I do think you'd probably do better to pick one of the charming towns nearby instead but you could do far, far worse.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Goober818
HI Goober818,

We're glad to hear that you had a good time while staying with us and we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of how we did. We're proud of our staff and are thrilled that they represented us well. We do hope you'll choose us on your visit to/through Humboldt County as we are in the heart of the Redwoods and the closest Hotel/Casino to the beach.

Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loleta
Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn
Best Western Country Inn
Blue Lake Casino Hotel
Blue Lake Casino Hotel
#1 of 1 in Blue Lake
Comfort Inn & Suites Redwood Country
Best Western Plus Humboldt Bay Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Eureka

Been to Bear River Casino Resort? Share your experiences!