“Great Choice.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Loleta
Phoenix, AZ
“Great Choice.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

Traveling up the Redwoods I picked this hotel out online. This hotel and casino looks very new. I had a room on the first floor. This room was $69.00 and it was better than a hotel that coast 4 or 5 times the price. Parking underground with elevator that took you right to your floor.The room was beautiful. Spotless clean and the beds were so nice. I ordered dinner on room service, the price for room service was not overpriced and the service was FAST!. The gentleman that delived my food was friendly and so nice. I went to the casino and gambled alittle. I would stay in this hotel again in a minute.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TRavlerbarry
Michael H, Manager at Bear River Casino Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of our property. We love to think of ourselves as the headquarters of choice for guests visiting the mighty Redwoods. Even though our prices are not always quite that low, we are confident that our rooms are always at a good value. It is always nice to know that someone appreciates our high standard of cleanliness and our high quality beds. We are very glad to hear that our room service was prompt, fresh, and friendly. Please come stay with us again on your next trip up to the Redwoods. We would be very glad to have you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Burleson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I recently stayed at Bear River early October with my husband. We had encountered a hiccup on day one of our vacation and had to call Bear River to help us re-do our reservation. They were LIFE SAVERS! The room had been booked thru Expedia but Expedia would not allow us to change the reservation so I called Bear River directly to see if there was anything they could do. The women I spoke with told me they would allow me to cancel with Expedia and they would MATCH the deal I found on the room and allow me to re-book it with them problem free. I called expedia back and advised them that I had spoke to the hotel and they approved my cancellation, they spoke to the hotel to confirm and then agreed to refund my transaction and cancel us out.

When we arrived at Bear River they were very friendly and all I had to say was my first name & the employee knew exactly who I was and was ready for us. ( tell me that's not a dream not having to explain yourself again ) :) I was very pleased!

The entire staff was friendly, they must have a rule that if a guest walks by they have to greet or acknowledge them in some way or another. I think this is great regardless if the people are just overly kind or if they're forced by policy to ack. It made us feel like they really cared about us.

We played slots in the casino after check in, my husband hit 2 minor jackpots and I sat down on the same machine after him and hit the same minor jackpot. We were up $500 in less than an hour! Wasn't a fan of "Cali-style" craps, the cards really mess me up. I am too used to Vegas craps- in cali it seems that what you roll isn't really what you roll and that confuses me too much.

I didn't know about the craps until we were there so that's the only reason I wanted to list this so people who like craps but haven't played in a cali-casino- now you know its a little different :)

We will come back to Bear River! I recommend it to anyone traveling this part of the country.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BWoo84
I am thankful for you taking the time to post such a nice review of our staff. We hold high expectations for our staff here and they work very hard. I cannot tell you how valuable it is when a guest notices the work they do and we are able to let them know they are appreciated. We do have a standard that no guest should reach the front desk nor walk past it without being greeted by staff. However, it is our frontline staff that make that happen on a constant basis and do it with a genuine smile. We do have the loosest slots and the widest variety of both slots and table games on the North Coast. I am sorry that the California rules craps is not to your liking. We do understand it is different than the Vegas style, but we do feel that we do the best job of anyone in California to keep it as close to Vegas as you can get while still using the cards. We would love to have you back on your next trip. Come see us soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We needed an inexpensive place to stay near Eureka while visiting family in Humboldt county, CA. Had stayed in Eureka before and all we found there were overpriced renovated hotels with the tiniest bathrooms known to mankind.
Imagine our surprise when we happened on the Bear River Casino Hotel....large airy rooms, convenient parking, the usual coffee-maker, etc, and a huge bathroom. AND an attached casino! *L* And all was incredibly inexpensive!
We enjoyed our stay here...and the restaurant was terrific with great prices, too. We will most definitely stay there again when visiting our family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
It is absolutely wonderful to know that you found us and truly enjoyed your stay with us. We promise to keep the restaurant terrific, the bathrooms huge, the hotel rooms large, and the value high as long as you promise to come stay with us on your next trip out to the North Coast.
Kapaa, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

This was a very nice hotel, adjacent to the casino. The room was outstanding for the price point (but no view of the ocean), clean, large, comfortable, with easy access to the protected parking garage below. Very convenient gas station across the street. We'd stay here again. Winning at slots was a nice bonus that paid for our delicious salmon meal in the attached restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Frank60616
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It is great to know that you appreciated the cleanliness, the covered parking, and the convenience store. It is always wonderful to hear when someone wins on our slots. We do have the largest selection and the loosest slots on the North Coast. We are glad to know you took the chance to enjoy our delicious salmon, it really is an excellent dish. Come see us again on your next trip up the North Coast.
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

We were so fortunate to have found this lovely casino hotel because it's not visable from the Hwy. We only found it because we took the turnoff to Ferndale and then after not finding a place there to stay we backtracked and saw it up on the hill. I am allergic to smoke so when we walked into the smoke filled lobby we almost walked back out but the friendly staff assured me the hotel was non smoking and away from the smoke. They were right. The beds were heavenly and as comfortable as a five star hotel. We had a nice view of the river. The shower had great water pressure. We were able to fill up our gas tank right next door at reasonable rates. They honored my husband with a Veterans discount at the hotel. The rate we paid was almost $200. Less than the Best Western in Eureka.

• Stayed September 2013
We are very appreciative of you taking the time to post such a nice review of our property. We are a non-smoking hotel and, even though the casino does allow smoking, we are confident that you will not be bothered by it in any of our hotel rooms. It is great to know that you found the bed so comfortable and the view so nice. We also believe that we deliver a high quality product for a good value and are happy to hear that you agree with us. Come see us again soon!
Jackson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Very welcoming, quick check in, and helpful bellhop. Nice ocean view during day...view of gas station at night. Wake ups all night; domestic disturbance across the street, sqeeling tires at the gas station, and party in the hallway or next door. The a/c fan is noisy, just ended up turning it off. If you're looking for a quiet night sleep, this isn't it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
It is very good to know that the front desk and the bellman did a fine job during check in. I am glad you enjoyed the ocean view during the day, but sorry that you did not enjoy the valley view at night. Some actually enjoy the view of the valley lit up at night more than the ocean during the day. But, we certainly understand that different people enjoy different views more than others. We are very sorry if you were disappointed. We absolutely apologize for any outside noises that may have disrupted your evening, particularly the noise coming from inside the hotel. We would have been glad to handle any security issue that happened in the hotel during your stay. We are very sorry if it was not handled expeditiously. We would hope that you would consider staying with us again. I can assure you that the noise issue is not the norm and certainly not something we would ignore.
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Booked a "mountain view" room - got a view of the back of the casino and the generator along with its noise. Went back to change rooms and "best they could do" was give me the same view from 2 floors up in a room designed for handicapped individuals. Not sure why this was necessary when at 105 rooms and the day after labor day it clearly wasn't busy. Bathroom fixtures are terrible and it was possible to estimate the height of the person who cleaned the shower from where the stains started!
Ate in the restaurant which is not an experience I recommend - chicken was smothered in cheese sauce and I was not well afterwards. Was waiting to be seated (even though only 3 tables were occupied) & was sitting for 15 minutes waiting for the check so I could get out of there. Wished I had just gone ahead and stayed in Eureka.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Catherine-Dublin
We are certainly sorry that you did not appreciate being in a casino hotel. We are a casino and we are all connected as one building. But, we are sorry if that is not what you were wanting. I can assure you that we were sold out on the day following Labor Day this year, so I apologize that there were not any free upgrades available with a better view. We are very sorry if the service in the restaurant was not up to your expectations or ours. No one should have to wait that long to be seated or to receive their check. That is unacceptable and we apologize. I just cannot find the item on the menu that is chicken with cheese sauce, but we are very sorry if it was not what you were wanting. We would hope you would give us another chance on your next trip. Although we are a busy casino hotel, we certainly believe that our service is the best in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loleta
BEST WESTERN PLUS Bayshore Inn
Blue Lake Casino Hotel
Blue Lake Casino Hotel
#1 of 1 in Blue Lake
The Redwood Riverwalk Hotel

Been to Bear River Casino Resort? Share your experiences!