“Very Nice Value”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Northridge Ca
“Very Nice Value”
Reviewed April 27, 2009

We spent two night here while wine tasing. The service was great, both ladies we dealt with at the front dest were very friendly and knowageable about the area. We were given complimentary tasting coupons for a local winery.

The room was clean and the linens were just as nice as the ones we had the night before at the Embassy Suites in Sacramento.

The complimentary breakfast was really good and fresh. They had eggs bacon bisuits, cold cereal with cartons of milk, yogurt, toast bagels and english muffins. The gentleman that teneded to the breakfast was always smiling and greeted us witha good morning.

The actual building was an older "motel" style building but had a nice appearance. The pool was nice and the area around it was clean.

This is more of a travelers hotel than a destination hotel, but like I said for the value it was more tthan we expected and would stay there again without hesitation

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mation101

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed January 28, 2009

This motel claimed too be a Holiday Inn Express! Yikes it was horrible! We found cobwebs in the bathroom and the carpeting had stains all over it. I switched from 1 bed to another because I saw black spiders on 2 pillows. When I complained housekeeping told me too get over it because Lodi has all kinds of bugs.
It is a over priced Motel 6!
Stay away and head for the Stockton Holiday Inn for a truely GREAT EXPERIENCE!

• Liked — LEAVING!
  • Disliked — HOTEL
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cubxxlookin4u
HixLodi, General Manager at Motel 6 Lodi, responded to this review, May 5, 2009
I am not sure what this guest is referring to, because as the General Manager, my front desk team and I were not made aware of any such problems. This is and area with bugs, but we have a monthly service that takes care of spraying the grounds and rooms to prevent them from being in the room. That being said, I am not going to claim no bug has lived through it or has not been able to make its way into the room. On the rare occasion this does happen, the guest will let us know and we have that room specially sprayed again and are always very apologetic.

As for the rude comment from the housekeeper, I can almost certainly say that none of my team said that. The reason I can say this is that none of my housekeepers speak English well enough to be comfortable saying something that rude to someone. I have a hard enough time getting them to converse with the guests period, let alone beleive that they would be rude to someone.

I ask this person that posted this to contact me directly and discuss these issues so I can know what room may need extra spraying and if I need to handle an employee's rude behavior. I do not understand why someone would have an experience like the one written and not come to management. I know I certainly would.

Yes, our hotel is an older building with exterior corridors, but our guest comments and scores put us right in line with some of the newer hotels. Our rooms have all the same amenities as any Holiday Inn Express and our service and cleanliness are second to none which more than makes up for any shortcomings the building may have.
Alameda,California
Reviewed February 28, 2007

This motel was the Lodi Motor Inn and is actually a motel style place.
We found the head housekeeper to be rude and never did smile and her staff were very inhappy working there they told us.
The early morning breakfast was cut way down to nothing more then danish and old fruit, we were told the manager had cut back expenses to increase his bonus.
The rooms were suppose to be newer but it was the same old furniture from 2001.
The place needs to be turned into a Motel 6 and cleaned up.
There is no excuse for running 3rd rate motel and calling it a Holiday Inn Express!
I would stay away and then the rates DOUBLED during our stay.
We went onto the Comfort Inn for a true guest experience, it was wonderful.

Remeber this is an overpriced, dusty motel off the freeway!

Stayed October 2006
1 Thank mdtheonemd
HixLodi, General Manager at Motel 6 Lodi, responded to this review, October 15, 2008
I was not working at this location when this review was written, so I can't speak to the legitimacy of the comments made. What I can say is that my team and I have been making various changes to the hotel and I have seen a vast improvement in our guest responses. I am confident that we have one of the cleanest hotels in town with one of the friendliest staffs I have ever seen. If it tells you anything about what type of place this is to work, we have five employees that have been here for over 11 years, two have even been here for 20 years! We make a real effort to get to know our guests to make everyone feel at home. I have an eye for detail and I can tell you that when I inspect rooms they are virtuously spotless. I am very confident in our product and I encourage everyone to come and find out for yourself.
Beverly Hills
Reviewed October 20, 2006

This motel claims to have been redone 2 yrs. ago WOW!
The furniture is old and dusty and looks more like a Mptel 6 rather then a Holiday Inn!
I have stayed at other hotels this family runs and they are all the same...Bathroom mold, dusty and rude head housekeeper.
The breakfast they talk about is a old piece of fruit and toast ...I was told the manager does not spend money on guests!
It is way over priced and I would not stay at this motel also many spiders in the rooms!
BEWARE!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The spiders in our room all over the pillows !Eewwwwwwwwww
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay at thsi rat trap!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Joannathe1
MAGALIA
Reviewed August 15, 2006

This is obviously an older motel complex that Holiday Inn took over. Dont expect the usual appearance of a Holiday Inn. No inside corridors, cheap furniture, really bad insulation. Some of the rooms are only a few feet away from a busy freeway. People at the reception desk were very friendly but inefficient. Breakfast is scaled back to the basics and the breakfast room has just room enough for a handful of guests. The only thing that reminded us of a good Holiday Inn Express was the price: much too high for this mediocre hotel. Never again!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Freeway noise
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Buddy-Bear
Granite Bay, California
Reviewed October 20, 2005

It isn't the Plaza but you can't beat the Lodi Holiday Inn Express if you want a hotel room for well under $100 a night that is clean, safe and modern. Being near a freeway there is some traffic noise but not enough be disturbing or to keep us awake nights. The rooms, lobby and grounds are very clean and attractive. The included continental breakfast is more than adequate and the hotel staff is excellent in every way. We did not have a chance to use the pool, hot tub or exercise room but we could see that they too were clean, attractive and well maintained.

• Stayed October 2005
5 Thank small-bucks
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 8, 2004

My husband and I stayed here in April to visit the Lodi Spring Wine show for 2 days and to visit area wineries. It was a fun trip! We stayed at higher priced properties in Sonoma, but decided to use our Priority Points for this hotel to save a few bucks for our wine! It was a good choice. We had an inside room away from the interstate. When we walked out in the morning, there was a spectacular rainbow over the distant mountains. The road had sidewalks; we were able to walk to the festival a mile away, plus we were able to get a good morning's exercise by walking down to the river. It seemed pretty safe around there; there were nearby restaurants and amenities. There is a Thai restaurant down the road, Taste of Thai, that is one of the best I've enjoyed in years of traveling. Don't miss it! What made this hotel so great was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They assisted us in finding wineries, got us special maps and were cheerful and friendly. The coffee was always ready in lobby and the breakfast buffet was all we needed. We plan another visit to this FUN festival and will definitely choose this property.

6 Thank LLindaC