Motel 6 Lodi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewshardwood flooringroad noiseroom was cleanwould stay here againmini fridge and microwavefront desk managerking bedhot tubfelt safepleasant surprisewine tastinglobbyshampoojuliepetcherokeedryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have stayed in many Motel 6's - normally I travel with my dogs. This time no dogs were with me and they missed out! The room was very big, walked in to big room starting with couch with desk across from it, queen bed next to couch with nite stand in between - tv set so both locations would not have any problems watching the tv. I noted there was plenty of area to walk my dogs if they were with me, they love grass - not much of that but plenty of dirt area - looked like at least 5 acres with the driveway in the middle (we live in the desert so dirt is no problem!). This used to be a Holiday Inn and they still keep it just as clean (cleaner than the last H.I. I stayed in in Cherry Valley, CA). Bathroom was great, glad the sink is outside the bathroom, being tall I could easily reach the t.p. - if your short that might be a problem. Place was quiet but obviously if you stay on the 2nd floor backside of motel you are directly across from Hwy 99 and could be a lot of noise. Staff was friendly, helpful and could give directions in a hurry to exactly where I was supposed to be when I paniced and was late for a wedding rehearsal dinner - so clear it was super easy to get to (when panicking I quickly forget directions). This place is in such a great location and so nice I will stay here again! Val

Room Tip: Stay on the front side of the motel - there is no noise from the freeway even when you stand outside!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was really quite nice, better than I expected, and so reasonably priced. I chose it from the reviews on TripAdvisor. It was rated #4 in Lodi. It was about 100 degrees at 9 pm in Lodi when we arrived. The room was spacious, most things in the room were white, including the king bed which made the room look so cool. The air conditioner, the refrigerator-freezor, and the outside ice machine worked well, everything was so clean including the lobby and the grounds. The room was very quiet and the parking lot right outside our room was well lit. My complaint: Being able to dunk ourselves in the swimming pool after being on the road for hours was very important to us. I called ahead to make sure I knew what time the pool closed. I was told 10 o'clock. When I checked in the receptionist warned us that the pool closes at 10 o'clock sharp. We unpacked our car, turned on the air conditioner in the room, put on our bathing suits (9:45 pm) and walked to the pool. A man was stacking chairs around the pool and yelled at us that the pool was closed. There was a clock right there and it said 9:53 pm. I pointed out the clock and said it was not 10 pm yet. A security guard appeared and whispered to me that the man was the owner. So we went back to our room and took a cold shower.

Room Tip: Overall, this is an excellent Motel 6. Don't count on the swimming pool being open until 10 pm.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Fran G
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed here while visiting my aunt and uncle in Lodi. I stayed here with my husband and 2 of my dogs (stay for free). The room was actually nice and spacious for a Motel 6. The bathroom was a nice big size. But the toilet paper roll holder is quite a reach from the toilet though.

I liked that the sink was outside from the bathroom and also really liked that the sink area actually had a small travel size hair dryer to use.

The bed I slept on was a little too soft for me, I actually prefer a nice firm mattress instead.

The motel door didn't look like it did not close all the way, as it stuck out just a little. But you still would not be able to open it from the outside and it stayed locked. But it just bothered me that it closed kind of funny.

Wifi here is free and actually pretty fast (also was not password protected).

Check in was quick and so was check out (check out is at 11 am by the way).

One thing I didn't really like about this Motel 6 though is the lack of grass areas for my husband and I to walk our dogs. Although there are some in the very front of the hotel (this motel has a long drive way), there are just scarce grassy areas around the facility.

But overall, still had a pleasant stay and would stay here again with my dogs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank meowmix318
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was a great motel. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. The pool was nice, the staff were friendly. It was hard to believe that this is considered an econo motel. Not just one of the nicest Motel 6 branded motels but one of the nicest motels I have stayed in period. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JeffO_Can
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at this motel. The room was extremely clean, great amenities and comfortable bed/room. The staff were very friendly and the grounds were in good shape. They had hot water machine for tea, hot tub and free wifi. I would stay here again for sure. Great value if you are visiting Lodi.

Room Tip: Hotel is near freeway so there is noise when you are outside but it's pretty good when indoors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo