“Motel 6---REALLY”

Motel 6 Lodi
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Motel 6 -Really ?

I have always been kind of a motel snob, and inexpensive motels where not some where I would frequent. But in the last few years it has seemed that there is wisdom in saving some $$.

We stayed at Motel 6 in Lodi and we were very much pleased. yes there was not the Bulgari Green shower Gel or even the convienent shoe shine luxury towel, but our room was clean and the pool was very comfortable and clean.

We had a very friendly check in person, and even though the conceirge desk seemed to be closed ,the check in gal gave us a great recommendation for a mexican dinner place that was fantastic and authentic.

We would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a room not on the freeway side
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 25, 2013

One of the best entrances to any Motel 6 is the palm tree-lined drive to this property. It's also the only place for trucks and buses to park. Familiarize yourself with the features of franchise Motel 6 properties so that you won't be looking for the normal motel amenities like shampoo, hand lotion, ironing boards, comforters or even night stands on both sides of the bed. The traffic on Rte. 99 came through the door that seemed to be sprung, but was well-weatherstripped. That said, the rooms are clean, have small refrigerators and microwaves, better than average towels and a bath/shower/toilet area big enough for one of those trucks. For the rack rate of $56 plus tax, you could do a lot worse, but hardly much better.

Room Tip: The room we had on the 2nd floor of a building perpendicular to the highway was noisy from the Rt. 9...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is not your usual Motel 6 the room was very nice and clean with modern touches. I had a room on the feeway side but did not hear much noise. The only suggestion is I have is leave the jacuzzi open a little later or open a little earlier. I will stay here again when im in the Lodi area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a step above most Motel 6's we've stayed at in the past. I booked this motel because it was a business trip for my husband and me and I checked the reviews and they sounded like it would be a good bet. Price was right - $60./night with 4th night free.
No big complaints except they do not offer any kind of breakfast (except lobby coffee). It was close to our business location so it worked out good for us.

Room Tip: We were in a 1st floor room across from the pool and found it a fine location. Don't know about...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a really great Motel 6. It is a franchise Motel 6 and was the Holiday Inn Express up until two years ago. The rooms are larger than your typical Motel 6 and have fridges and microwaves. The carpets, room and bathrooms are clean, beds are soft, towels are nice and not thin and scratchy like the corporate Motel 6 towels, and the toilet even has a lid. My wife and I stayed two nights, and it was quiet both nights even though it was a weekend. The prices are very reasonable (read--almost cheap) and it has easy access to Highway 99 and to the center of town. I will absolutely stay here again when I am in Lodi.

Room Tip: Don't worry about the highway being close since the rooms are very soundproof.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed four nights earlier this month. Clean room but not the most comfortable bed! Had a back ache every day and still hurting! Pretty good location except the highway noise in the bathroom. Did have trouble with the housekeepers coming too early to clean - about 9 AM - Woke up our neighbor one morning and because we were not ready for them they did not clean our place one day. Had to get our own towels! Half & half good but not great! Not good for long term!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank blgarth
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed at the motel 6 in Lodi last weekend, it was actually pretty good. A little noisy at night when the neighbors come home, but other than that I can't really complain. I like the fact that they take dogs and no there is no extra fee. The bed was comfortable, and the shower was good. Nice touch having the fridge and mirco in the room. I have not stayed at Motel 6's for many many years, I might just start using them again. Price was a little lower than the hotel down the street, and the no dog fee made it even better. I will be back. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends