“More "bang" for your buck”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Lodi

Motel 6 Lodi
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Cambria, CA
“More "bang" for your buck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

Being a former Holiday Inn and the formerly Lodi Motor Inn, the rooms are above amenities for a Motel 6 with refrigerator/freezer, hair dryers, microwave ovens, fitness room and a hot tub. Staff were friendly. One drawback is the noise from Hwy 99 just over the fence, but earplugs helped out. During the evening there was a fight outside my door that was a carry over from the neighbors next door to me in room 144. Apparently it was all over a love triangle where a gal pounded on the door and when her "boyfriend" answered who was with another gal and the scene turned into the Jerry Springer Show. The confronting gal thought enough to bring her small children to watch the debacle. The boyfriend got a scratched face, and the two gals endlessly exchanged the "B" word. Lodi Police were called and the intruding gal went to jail. I looked for the TV camera from "Cheaters", but none were found. I was hoping all of you could have enjoyed the ghetto version of MMA. The free entertainment made for a memorable stay, and I hope to enjoy the next chapter of this ensuing drama. I'll be booking a room there again! If you enjoyed this review please make a note that you found this entry to be beneficial.

Room Tip: Bring ear plug due to the noise from the nearby highway. Rooms on the west side of the buildings ar...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
7 Thank CoachCambria_CA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Madison, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

This Motel 6 was a Holiday Inn Express before changing over, so you can expect a more upscale room. The owner is one of the nicest people I have ever met. You can tell by the immaculate property and rooms that he cares very much about this motel. There is a nice gym, jacuzzi and a pool. The bed is extremely comfortable and the room is nicely decorated with nice chairs and tables. PLUSH towels for your shower and crisp sparkling clean bedding. There is a fridge and microwave in the room.

The only downside is you get the Motel 6 mini soap and no shampoo (Motel 6 thing). Also, TV is lodgenet which has limited channels.

Room Tip: Tell the owner what you are looking for and he will ensure you are happy.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank dcedlr
La Selva Beach CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

we found ourselves in Lodi and in need of a place to stay, when the comforting blue '6' appeared. We went to the front desk and said 'Tom Bodette sent us' and the desk gal said 'that's why we left the light on!' Total crack up. She found us the quietest room she could, sadly their freeway location makes that difficult, and even called to check and see if we were ok.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank AWaileaWahine
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2011

I stopped here expecting the usual Motel 6 experience but was very pleasantly surprised. My room was very large with a sofa and coffee table, fridge and microwave. Everything was extremely clean. The staff at the front desk were all very friendly, professional and helpful. The rate was great - I ended up staying several days and the staff went out of their way to help me get the best rate plan. I would most definitely recommend this Motel 6 to anyone!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Jesserae37
Sun City West, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

My son has stayed at this motel in January and again this Februrary. He has been treated like a valued customer. His bus arrived early on the morning of Feb 25th in a terrible rain storm. The hotel let him check into a room early, and then were so accomadating to his needs. He then missed his bus on the way back to Phoenix, (Due to the Driver of the Greyhound Bus) another story, and he had to recheck into the hotel. Although they were sold out, they made room for him. I can not Thank them enough for their courtesy and kindness in a situation that was hard on all of us.
Thank You, Staff and Management of the Lodi Motel 6, you are the best!
Cris Kimball-Ellis
Phoenix, AZ

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank ckimdesert
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

This hotel has been upgraded and I really cannot complain about much considering we got an online deal of $45. Really, these days, when do you get that kind of deal anywhere? The only drawback (and nothing the hotel can do about this) is its close proximity to freeway and train noise.

Make a point to request the farthest point away from the freeway; we did and they accommodated us. Even still, I heard the choo choos and cars all night. Also annoying the mini fridge buzz, but at 2 am we just unplugged it, and re-plugged in the a.m.

If you've been driving all day, you really just want to sleep and this hotel was clean, bed was nice, and price was by far the cheapest possible. OH and bring your own toiletries, ie, shampoo and conditioner - they do not provide anything but a small bar of soap. To be expected, but just a head's up.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cheezy
Central Valley, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2010

These people have made a great effort to change the reputation of this place. When a business associate told me that he was staying there, and that I should stay there also, I said "I'll look elsewhere". Glad I stopped and gave it a try. When I ask about getting a room, Julie at the front desk looked at me and said, oh we've got a senior rate for you.
I asked for and got a non-freeway side room. I was just a "walk in" customer. Later, I sat in the lobby to use my laptop, and listened as several people came in looking for rooms (without reservations). Each one of them was treated well and ended up getting rooms. It is not a five star resort, but I really did not need one. They only had coffee, no continental breakfast. (but so what!). Refrigerator was sort of noisy at night (no rule against unplugging it). Bed was comfortable, so was the room chair. A packet of shampoo would be great. No kleenex in the room, but since people think the boxes are there for the taking, I understand. Good place, great people. No need to pay $70 to $100 at other places near by.
PS: Please think about deleting the older reviews.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business