“Home away from home....Steve”

Days Inn & Suites Lodi
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Fresno, California
“Home away from home....Steve”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have enjoyed staying at this hotel weekly for several years. I find the rooms entirely comfortable, clean, and quiet. I have used many of the rooms available and I have found them all to be consistently clean and well stocked with all the expected comforts. The internet works quite well as do the air conditioning and the television. There is also a very funtional exercise room and swimming pool. The parking lot is secure and safety has never been a concern. Remodeling efforts have introduced new carpets that are both comfortable and decorated in a pleasant design. Each night upon arrival I enjoy opening the door to a nicely decorated room that has been air cooled for my instant comfort. The management and staff are responsible for my weekly return as they are friendly, accomodating, and entirely professional in all their efforts. A wonderful and varied breakfast awaits each morning along with fresh fruit and the daily newspaper. I look forward to my stay and personal greeting each week.

Room Tip: If you want a real treat for yourself or family stay in the jacuzzi room. You will leave feeling lik...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Incline Village, Nevada
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Good basic Best Western. Rooms were clean, high speed internet worked well, the shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure. Breakfast the usual BW fare. Hotel staff friendly. It's a two story hotel with no elevator, but a nice pool and some lovely lawn space. When we got to our room, the air conditioner was already turned on...a nice touch. We stay again, but wouldn't go out of our way to stay there. $20 dog fee.

Room Tip: First floor in building A would be my choice...closer to everything
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Nehalem, Oregon
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was the worst BW Hotel we have stayed in. We were charged a nonrefundable pet fee (which I can understand) but the carpeting in our unit was filthy. The TV didn't work and the air conditioning did not work properly. The bed was clean and the bathroom was clean. We will not stay here again. For the price it sucked! It is a older hotel, but tht doesn't have anything to do with how we felt.

Room Tip: Ask to do a walk thru
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pupster1203
santa cruz, ca
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I would really rate this somewhere between "average" and "very good". I would stay there again for the price I paid. It is in an industrial, run-down area of town but so are many other hotels-- and that's pretty much what you get in Lodi unless you want to spend hundreds of dollars per night at Wine & Roses. It's a convenient spot near the highway though.

The room was nice, spacious and comfortable, and looked fairly recently updated. Bed and pillows were comfy. They have some type of new remote control for the TV that is supposed to be easier to clean, it had flat buttons for that purpose, which I appreciated. The room appeared quite clean, although I do have to say that we spilled something on the carpet so we took a damp white washcloth and rubbed that area to clean it up, and the cloth came up very filthy with a dark grey/brown residue. Also we asked a few times for some new towels (because we chose not to have our room cleaned) and they were in the laundry so we were promised they would be delivered later, but never were.

The breakfast was definitely above average, with hot items like eggs and sausage as well as some typical continental stuff. There aren't a ton of mid-range hotels in Lodi so this is one of the better options. I have stayed at the Quality Inn nearby which is a similar price and this hotel is better. There is a Holiday Inn nearby which looks nice but it cost around $40 more per night.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aurabelle
Copperopolis, California
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We recently (April 21, 2012) stayed at the Royal Host Inn for one night and we were extremely satisfied. We had a two room suite for under $90. We had our 16 year old son with us in his own room. The carpet was new. The room looked freshly painted (crown moldings). Although I do not prefer the type of air conditioner (mounted under the window) we weren't put off by it. I didn't run it at night since it is too loud. The only other noise was from a train, but again, I was able to fall asleep again, so no big problem. The room was very nicely decorated and the beds were comfortable. Plenty of pillows and each a little different so you could pick your favorite.

The free breakfast was filling and convenient. I had egg and sausage on a bagel, with orange juice, coffee, and some pastries. My son had a waffle. I would definitely stay at the Royal Host again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dvez
Fort Bragg, California
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Traveling with a puppy we knew our choices in Lodi would be limited...Our first stop was at the Hampton Inn where we asked: Which hotels in Lodi allow pets? Best Western, Royal Host Inn and Motel 6…I did not have time to check TripAdvisor, like I normally do….This is an average older motel, in an older neighborhood…The only thing that bothered me here was: a large group of loud, partying guys with their door wide open.....Also a man with his car doors open and boom-box blaring..... Another group of people close by our room (top floor)smoking and throwing spent cigarette butts all over the parking lot…And the icing on the cake was 13 rooms filled with road construction crews…I thought "We're doomed!!" But believe it or not, the whole place was totally quite by 10:00 pm!! Quiet all night, and pretty quiet when they all left the next morning before we did…We sure were relieved!!

The complimentary breakfast the next morning was way better than most Best Westerns..Waffle mix was more homemade like..And the scrambled eggs just like you’d make at home..Jimmy Dean sausage…And hot, filtered water for a GREAT cup of tea…The check in and out ladies were super nice…

Your choice if you’d stay here or not, I’m not so sure I would brave it again…Pretty uncertain……..

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TwoTeaTotalers
OR
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We got this room through Hotwire. It was shown as a 3 star but is at best a 1 star. It is in a very dark, dreary part of town. Upon our arrival there was a junk car being unloaded, not a good start. Very old hotel. In an old somewhat commercial area. We were on the second floor and upon opening the door was shocked to see the filthy carpet, dirty spots everywhere (probably never cleaned). The room was stuffed with furniture, (this is how they get the 3 star rating by providing a microwave, refrigerator, desk, chair and ottoman) which made it almost impossible to gain access to either side of the bed. One side was blocked with the chair and ottoman and the other with the desk and chair leaving about 10" to access the bed on either side. The bathroom door was 1/3 blocked with the stand holding the tv. Beside that was the microwave and refrigerator in a stand. Along side that was a desk and chair. We finally had to put the ottoman in the chair and move toward the door and lower the desk chair so it would fit under the desk, all this to access the bed. The bed was okay, not great. The curtains didn't look like they had been cleaned since hanging as there was a huge accumulation of much dust between the pleats. Awful. The bathroom had no heat so it was quite cold and there was a continual drip that was behind the wall so we had to listen to that all night. This is not a hotel for a single female. There are many good hotels in Lodi, try one of them.

We looked at the free breakfast which consisted of cereal and juice so we passed and left as quickly as we could.

Hotwire exaggerates their star rating of hotels.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank waytoofun
cklathrop, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Lodi, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your recent stay with us at the Best Western Royal Host Inn.

We appreciate the feedback you provided, and take it very seriously. We will definitely look into all the issues you had mentioned with your room. Unfortunately, there is not much that we can do in regards to the size of the room that you had. By the sounds of it, you stayed in one of our smaller rooms which only represents 2 out of 48 rooms on our property. But, unfortunately that was the room that you stayed in.

96% of our rooms are largely spacious rooms providing comort & cleanliness that all guests seem to enjoy.

You may have just taken a quick glimpse of our breakfast offerings, because we offer a full hot breakfast for our guests daily which consists of: scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, bacon, sausage, waffles, toast, oatmeal, cold cereals, fresh fruit, danish & muffins.

We are located in the historic part of Lodi which is minutes from downtown Lodi where there are many fine eateries, wine bars, & shops. We are minutes from the Lodi Fair Grounds. Although it is an older part of town, it is very safe in the area & also where 74% of all Lodi hotels are located.

Once again, I regret that your stay with us was not enjoyable, but we appreciate the feedback & will take every effort to make sure these issues are addressed, so that our next guest doesn't have this experience.

Thanks!