“LOVE IT!”

Hollywood Cafe
Ranked #18 of 200 Restaurants in Lodi
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed August 24, 2014

The first thing I think of is warmth. This cafe just feels friendly. We first went there for a 50's themed wedding almost two years ago. It was so much fun! We don't live in Lodi, but we've always wanted to go back to Hollywood Cafe. When we finally made it back last night, they remembered us. Wow!

The cafe is clean, comfortable, well lit and offers options of sitting at the counter, in the main room (booths and tables are available) or a more intimate sort of nook in the back where larger parties can get a little more sense of privacy.

The staff is very friendly and attentive. Your glass will never be empty! There were five in our party. We took a long time to decide on entrees because the menu has a lot of choices and they all sound great. We all finally picked from their large selection of burgers. We each ordered different burgers and different sides. All of the meals were hot, fresh, plentiful and TASTY! Everyone loved it. When we eat out, when the check comes, we always ask each other, "would you eat here again?". The vote was a unanimous "Definitely". Looking forward to it!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stopped by this little cafe while traveling thru Lodi. The decor is old Hollywood with an auto theme. We greeted by the owner, who also served us. I cannot say enough about the service. It seemed like they knew just about everyone who stopped in to eat. Hugs and handshakes for the regulars. The owner's father circled the tables with greetings. We ordered breakfast meals even though it was close to lunch. Just about every meal comes with a cinnamon bun and a "Shot" of your choice of juice. For $8.99 I got the eggs florentine & country potatoes. You can substitute toast for a side of biscuits & gravy which I opted for. My husband opted for one of the omelette specials and got a pancake instead of the cinnamon roll. The portions are right on and the food is awesome. We were offered their homemade salsa which is made by the owner's father. It is really good with a bite to it. The owner is lovely, beautiful smile and very generous. We will be making a special trip to Lodi just to eat at the Hollywood Cafe again!

1  Thank nancyann43
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I enjoy the many, many options on the menu. Love the made-from-scratch recipes. Comfort food, Mexican, Portuguese linguica, fresh salads, cinnamon rolls, hamburgers... all great tasting!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It is obvious when you first walk in that if you are not regular, you are not welcome. Rude service, had to ask for water and tea refills. Saw waitress blow her nose, not wash her hands and deliver tood to tables. Servers were eating and drinking coffee while working. 45 minute wait for the food which was overpriced, greasy and over cooked. Stay away.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have been here and the food is excellent. The staff is really nice and polite and they get to know you real quickly. The food there is brilliant, I didn't know it exsited until there was a crab feed that I had to volenteer at, but the food was delicious. The owner is really nice and knows how to handle some situations that can't be handle by others. I give this restaurant a thumbs up.

Been to Hollywood Cafe? Share your experiences!