“Looking for wine tasting and beer with an Irish flavor this is the spot.”

The Dancing Fox Winery, Brewery, Bakery & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 196 Restaurants in Lodi
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A family run place where Mom is the Baker, Dad is the winemaker, Sons are the Brewmaster, manager and chef. All breads are stone milled on site using organic grains and soups made from scratch. Wines are certified sustainable from estate grown grapes. Brews vary from light to dark stouts. We serve lunch and dinner Tuesday through Friday. Saturday brunch from 9 to 1 pm and lunch as well starting at 11am and dinner from 5 to 9pm. Sunday brunch from 9 to 1pm and lunch from 11 to 3. Having an event? Be sure to check out our beautiful banquet room.
“Looking for wine tasting and beer with an Irish flavor this is the spot.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Cool and rainy Saturday late afternoon brought us into this delightful and serene corner in downtown Lodi.
They have a wine tasting bar in back and a beer bar in the front.
Wide variety of tastings from cheese and salami plates to home make soups , salads and killer fresh baked goodies.
Yes something for every palet.
Prices modest. Service great.

• Visited September 2013

Houston, Texas
“Very nice evening!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We happen to drive by on Aug 24 and so glad we stopped for dinner! The food was delicious, atmosphere beautiful & relaxing, and the service was efficient & friendly. Our two glasses of Cabernet were very nice. We ordered fish & chips, smoked angus tri tip, and bangers & mash. All three were perfect. The favorite may have been the coffee and Meyer lemon and lavender pie! Unfortunately that was our last night in Lodi or we would have gone again...and again ;)

San Ramon, CA
“Tasty Family Brunch”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had heard about this place when I was looking for a local restaurant to create some brunch trays for the bridal suite at my brother's wedding for the bride and my fellow bridesmaids to snack on while getting ready. The food was fresh and tasty, so I had been meaning to try it the next time I was up in the Delta area.

We stopped in this past Sunday, looking for a tasty breakfast option, and we stumbled upon their brunch only menu. We were hoping to sample some of the fare from the regular breakfast menu, but the brunch certainly did not disappoint. Prices were reasonable, considering the quality of the offerings, and fresh baked goods seem, to be harder and harder to find these days. The omelet bar was well-appointed with the usual options like bacon, peppers, ham, cheese, gucamole, as well as also not-as-often-seen choices such as warm ranchero sauce, yellow summer squash, zucchini, sundried tomatoes, goat cheese, etc. My decaf latte was tasty and not bitter or acidic as decaf tends to be. My husband enjoyed his full-strength coffee so much that we bought a jar of ground coffee beans and served it to some of our friends the next morning. My pre-schooler ate for free (nice plus) and enjoyed the cranberry mini scones, waffles and breakfast sausages. The bread pudding is pretty amazing too. It was perfectly gooey (no dry spots), and there was a flavor I could not put my finger on that was unexpected and tasty.

The atmosphere is charming and quirky, with warm, dark wood tables and chairs inside and large windows. There is also outdoor seating that seemed to invite lingering and enjoying the day. The staff were also pleasant as expected. There were a number of extended families coming in for brunch, and everyone seemed to be enjoying their meals and time together. Thankfully we got there fairly early, as we did not have reservations, and the late brunch crowd filled the place up quickly.

We are happy to have found this place, and we will be returning soon-- My husband noticed their microbrew list, so he is hoping for a lunch or dinner next time we are in the area.

• Visited September 2013
“Nice location”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch there and we really liked it!
The interior is awesome and the service was really great.

Lipan, Texas
“The BEST Bread pudding EVER”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We actually ate at the Dancing Fox in the evening, had a meat/cheese plate and 2 different pizzas. The pizza crust is so wonderful I wish we could make ours that thin! The meat and cheese was good too.
We returned in the morning only because it happened to be the best place for breakfast according to our hotel concierge. I have to comment on the bread pudding. It was the best I have ever eaten, and I am not even a huge bp fan, but this is unbelievable. There is homemade carmel on top of the fruit and the bread used is make there as well. You must try it.
All 4 of us that day had omelets, I don't remember what it was called but it had pico de gallo and peppers. They also have a Dibrovo sausage that is made and cured in Lido. You must try that too. We had some on our pizza and in our omelets. Very good, you must try that too.
They do not have liquor there, so don't go if you want a Scotch or Whisky. But they had micro brews if you like those. I would have preferred domestic beer, but that's ok.
Also, the inside of this restaurant is beautifully created and decorated with wonderful antiques.