“Food was good, but service was terrible.”
Review of Crush - CLOSED

Crush
Dining options: Reservations
Description: located in the old Woolworth Building. Fun, fresh ingredients and good service. Ran into a wine maker there
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I would give this place 3 stars for food, but 1 stars for service.

We came in on Saturday night and there was one couple eating in the restaurant around 5:15. We asked to be seated (4 of us) and we were asked if we had reservations. No. We were told that the restaurant was booked and we could only sit outside. We decided since it was still nice outside to sit in the alley way. After a bit of time, my wife and the other female in party complained a couple of times about it being windy and cold in alley way/breeze way. My wife even went in to talk to the manager. We were told each time they were all booked up even thought the front of the restaurant was empty and the rear dining area was 1/2 full at this point. When we left around 6:30, the rear dining room was about 2/3 full. Really???? There is no excuse for that, period.

We WILL NOT be eating here again. Good Food is only part of the equation. If I drop $25 on a plate I also expect at least decent service......

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We wandered in for wine info and to check out the menu..Happened that the owner was there and gave us great information on wine tasting in the city of Lodi. Went back later for lunch, it was quiet for reasons that we could not fathom. They did not have what we wanted to order (produce truck broke down, it happens, and everything is fresh ever day) so admittedly we did not give the kitchen much of a test but caesar salad and burger were great. Come for the food, stay for the popcorn...you just can't believe how good it was. Think black truffle salt. And the owner is fabulous, had a great time.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This is a great little restaurant. The food is very very good and the service is great. They make the best soups. I wish their menu was a little broader but I have not had something I did not like.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

One of the best meals I've had in a long time. Crush was a wonderful experience, an amazing menu, excellent service, incredible service and very reasonably priced. From the way we were greeted at the door, to the moment we left, everything was perfect. Wednesday nights they feature about 10 wines from their list at 50% off--what a deal. The unique popcorn, in place of bread was perfect, the wait staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful in suggestions. My chicken was tender, juicy and so flavorful, my wife's fish amazing. Both our salads--ceasar/ and a beet salad, were fresh and crisp. There are a few tables on the back patio, where they allow dogs. A must stop if you're in Lodi for dinner...casual, yet great! I'd go back to Lodi just for the dinner.

Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Went based on recommendation of klinker brick winery. Was great from truffle oil popcorn to edamame hummus to both our seafood and chicken entrees, to lemon/blueberry shortbread dessert. Great being in wine country and no cork fee