“Off the Hook!”
Review of Crush - CLOSED

Crush
Dining options: Reservations
Description: located in the old Woolworth Building. Fun, fresh ingredients and good service. Ran into a wine maker there
Reviewed February 13, 2012

One of the top ten dining experiences. Great atmosphere and menu items. Popcorn is a bit silly but I crushed most of it....Brushetta was tasty and our Oven Roasted Chicken was superb. Dessert was crazy...Smores and ice cream with some kind of Kahlua...Great Stuff...Three drinks and the rest came to 100$...

1  Thank crashjohnson

Reviewed December 29, 2011

This has to be by far the best eating establishment I have EVER been to. My wife and i went to Crush on Dec 28th for my birthday, and a gift it was...
As we entered Crush we were warmly greeted by Micheal, the owner and executive chef.....We were drawn to the lush and luxurious couches Micheal has in the lounge area to have a drink......We sat and wouldn't leave until closing , some 4 hours later....Wine Wednesdays were in effect and we were able to pick from a list of extensive foreign wines all 50% off.....as we enjoyed our wine, Micheal directed us to the wonderful starters, we chose the bruchetta.....a wonderful combination of tomatoes,basil, goat cheese, eggplant and crispy crustini ..WOW.......Then as we began to unwind in the wonderfully, yet tastefully decorated environment we then proceeded with the risotto balls served with a light tomato sauce....OUT OF THIS WORLD......Micheal came by and gave us some recommendations on main courses and salads...I had the beet salad and my wife the chicken and couscous......both were excellent......We shared a plate of gnocchi which Micheal referred to as wonderful heavenly pillows with a light cheese sauce and sun dried tomatoes...another excellent creation. AND THEY WERE!!!!!......We then finished with smores which included homemade marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate......
We are from San Jose and traveled to Lodi to try what some have told us is the alternative to Napa Wine Country...and it is!!!!
CRUSH is the best I have ever experienced in dining....From the decor, music, wait staff and most of all FOOD!!!!!!
We will tell everyone we know to go there and if you are in Lodi, you absolutely MUST try this incredible food adventure that CRUSH has to offer......

1  Thank gretandthom
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This restaurant is really a lot of fun. The food is very good and Michael is very passionate about his cocktails and his wine list--and worth asking his suggestions for both. My wife and I have been there twice with great experiences both times. We will absolutely be back.

1  Thank banxtok
Reviewed September 6, 2011

What a shame that this otherwise excellent restaurant is too heavy handed on the salt. The mashed potatoes, for example, would have had their own complexity were it not for the overwhelming salt flavor. I've heard this complait from others and hope the chef actually reads this and heeds this!

1  Thank humanone
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We felt lucky to happen upon Crush in downtown Lodi. It's a little out of the way, tucked in an alcove just off the main drag. What a great restaurant! The menu is fabulous, including the wine list. The service and atmosphere are upscale - you definitely feel like you're in wine country! Try the popcorn- it's their own, unique recipe and it's addictive. We enjoyed lunch, which consists of some very cool and eclectic sandwiches, salads, soups. Dinner looks even better! We will be back.

1  Thank nhleees