“We were a large group!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Habanero Hots
Ranked #44 of 192 Restaurants in Lodi
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lodi, California
“We were a large group!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

and they not only did separate checks, but the service over-all was very good, as was the food! The usual large portions, which make for lovely left-overs if you aren't a big eater! The only draw-back is the acoustics in the back room. It is very hard to have a conversation if there are lots of people in that room. I can't speak to the rest of the very large restaurant, but it was difficult in that room. That said, I would definitely return, as they do a great job!

• Visited June 2014

Tomball, Texas
“Lots of good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Got the #5 dinner. Taco and beef tips were great, chicken enchilada was good, chile relleno was so so. I would go back for the beef tips alone. Service was okay but nothing special. I would go back.

Visited April 2014
Lodi, California
“Came for my birthday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have been eating here for years, the food is consistently good. I especially like their house salad dressing. When my food comes, I toss my salad on top and eat it all mixed up. They have some good desserts too, but I'm usually too full to order dessert. I came here for my birthday and was even greeted by the owner, John, and given a wooden token, good for a drink.

• Visited March 2014
San Francisco, CA area
“Really Ordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I finally got around to trying this place, having heard good things. Simply put, this is a completely ordinary, average, run-of-the-mill chain Mexican restaurant. Our meals were bland, flavors indistinct and just like a hundred other boring Mexican meals we have had a any number of Mexican places. There is SO much Mexican food around, and most places have food that taste like everywhere else -- a boring mash-up of beans, rice, and various meats that taste pretty much the same everywhere.

The decor was kinda fun, the place was busy and loud, the service was fine, chips were OK, but nothing to write home about. In short, one can find Mexican food this good pretty much anywhere. But if you are hoping for food that you'll taste and think, "Oh, yummy" this isn't the place.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank GoofballDad
Aloha
“Gringo Style”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

We've been here numerous times over the years. Lunch, dinner and parties. The menu seems to have something for each persons taste. I try something different each time we go there. They have a large banquet room also. The food is good but swimming in too much sauce for me, and chef is heavy handed with the cumin spice. But they don't overload it all with cheese, thank you.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank KauaiSalt

Been to Habanero Hots? Share your experiences!