“Very pleasant end to 2013”

Rosewood Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosewood Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 196 Restaurants in Lodi
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Found in the heart of downtown lodi, we provide high quality dishes and handcrafted cocktails accompanied by outstanding service.
Roseville, California
“Very pleasant end to 2013”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Four of us took at 5:30pm New Year's Eve table at Rosewood in downtown Lodi. The place was pretty full and more diners arrived in a steady stream. Our table was next to a window wall. The decor is OK but the place is pretty noisy. Tables are on the cramped side but the wait staff knows how to use the space to everyone's satisfaction.

Overall, as a group we gave Rosewood a 7 out of 10. Here's our breakdown by the dish:

Scoozi (appetizer): 8.5. Point Reyes Blue Cheese Filling, Tomatoes, Basil, Garlic & Balsamic Reduction. Served in pizza-like wedges on a long ceramic plate. Very distinctive flavors. One member of our group said it would be a very good dinner for one person.

Bread plate with herbed butter: 6.0. We think Rosewood could improve the bread quality a notch or two

French onion soup: 5.0. The serving would have added a few points if the onions had been sauteed more and carmelized. They weren't, and the broth was weak. Plenty of stringy cheese, though, served properly in a ramekin.

Mushroom soup: 8.0 Nice big bowl of creamy, tasty soup

Slow cooked Prime Rib special entree: 7.5 for the end cut. Generous serving, well seasoned. Good cut of beef. The mixed sweet potato and regular french fries (substituted for mashed potatoes) were on the limp side. Mixed winter veggies were properly steamed al dente

Grilled Sea Bass special: 9.0. Loved it! Very tasty filet atop seasoned sticky risotto. Polenta is also offered.

Pork Osso Bucco: 6.5. It's pork, not veal or lamb as usual, so the flavors are much different. However, it was nicely done. But the taste isn't what you expect for Osso Bucco.

Angus Rib Eye: 7.5. Very generous serving, polished off quickly. However, for some reason this wasn't a "wow" as rib eye steak goes. But it was good.

We paid corkage ($18) for our own wine, and skipped dessert due to full bellies. Our wait person was delightful and I forgot her name. Overall, a good experience that'll bring us back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Murry S

California
“Meh...”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I've always considered Rosewood to be just "Average," no matter how many times they change chefs. I ventured out and tried the venison last week...nice flavor, but tough meat. A friend ordered the New York strip, and was disappointed...the steak was full of fat and gristle. They have a full bar (almost SF prices), so I guess that's a bonus. All in all, I would rather eat at several other restaurants in Lodi.

• Visited December 2013
Lodi, California
“Birthday dinner,”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nice evening for outdoor seating. Only wish there wasn't a bench nearby for walkers to take a smoking break while we were having a nice dinner. Food consistent, generous portions, good service.

Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Lively Atmosphere wish average food”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I visited spent the weekend in Lodi and ate at this bar and grill. It had a lively atmosphere, but the food was nothing to write home about. I have dietary restrictions and the server was helpful as he tried to help me find something that would suit my needs. I appreciated that and enjoyed the fish and vegetables were very good. My husband, my apologies, I can't remember what he had, but he seemed underwhelmed. Good food, but if I visit again, I would definitely explore some other places. It just wasn't a place I'd put on my must visit list.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Christina K
Sun City, California
“What a Surprise in Lodi”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We checked into the Holiday Inn Express and had already decided that we were ready for a nice meal in a nice restaurant after so much fast food on the road. So we asked the desk staff at the hotel where we could find a fine dining experience. They gave us a couple of names and then said if you really want fine dining. "it is a little spendy" but the Rosewood is known for fine dining. We went there and found old town Lodi to be quite a surprise and the experience/food at the Rosewood to be as good as some of the best restaurants we have been to. First of all we found a really fine Sangiovese wine that we loved. That is unusual to find such a wine in most restaurants. The food was as good as fine dining restaurants we have been to in much larger venues. At the end of the meal I told the waiter that I enjoyed the whipped cream topping more than the chocolate. He told me the kitchen makes it fresh and in a few minutes returned with a container or just whipped cream which I ate every bite. All in all if you are looking for some fine dining in Lodi, CA I highly recommend you check out the Rosewood.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Rosewood Bar & Grill? Share your experiences!