“Rooms and Service Stink”

Econo Lodge & Suites Lodi
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
San Francisco, California
“Rooms and Service Stink”
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We booked the room with an online booking service. The woman at the front desk was not very friendly when we arrived and told us she couldn't find our name on her reservations window. Then, suddenly, she found it when my husband said,"I'll go get the paperwork." It felt like a scam, where she would say we didn't have a reservation and then just happen to have a room for which she would charge us more than the price we reserved for originally. Maybe I'm wrong. Then she put us in a smoking room and argued with us that it was nonsmoking. The outside plaque did not indicate it was nonsmoking and it smelled heavily of room deorderizer and cigarettes. We told her this and she put us in another room that smelled strongly of body odor. Nasty! When we checked out she didn't have paper to print our receipt and we had to return later to get it. Another thing that was strange is she insisted on copying my husband's credit card. He checked the copy and the account number didn't show, but, why did she need tha?. She had no answer when asked.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tormenta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
new delhi
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Well finished, spacious rooms having all amenities, supportive staff, on time service would recommend for staying

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

New delhi
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Service is excellent in rooms, even the Type of food court offered are fantastics and matches with the name theme.

Room is neat and clean and situated near to the Station from where you can travel acroos mumbai.

Good for Families , couples and corporate get togethers.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Sonora, CA
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I made the reservation before I read the recent reviews so there was some trepidation when I arrived. The desk clerk was pleasant and processed my reservation promptly and gave me the login and password for the internet service.
The room was clean, the sheets were clean and the bathroom was well stocked with towels and sundries.
The room had a refrigerator, microwave, iron with board, hair dryer, and best of all a coffee pot with plenty of coffee.
I didn't give the room a white glove inspection but despite previous reviews I was quite pleased with the whole experience and would stay there again. The free continental breakfast was a really nice bonus.
The only negative was the lack of good restaurant close by for dinner, but Kettleman Lane was only a mile south and it is lined with eateries.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
San Jose, CA
Reviewed October 25, 2008

This Motel was called Quality Inn (not Comfort Inn) when we stayed there. Its all the same company. We chose this place for being one of the cheaper hotels in the Stockton/Lodi area so we knew it wasn't going to be a vacation paradise. We just needed a place to sleep and leave early so this place filled its purpose just fine. I would not want to spend multiple days here. The good stuff: Clean enough if you aren't too picky, Good selection of TV channels, Fridge, Microwave, no freeway noise, bed was comfortable. I really appreciated the free breakfast starting at 5:30 AM since we had to leave the hotel at 6 AM. They even had the make-your-own waffles. The bad stuff: Bathroom needed maintenance like fixing a broken shower head, replacing a worn out shower curtain, and better caulk work in the tub. A little bit of mold on shower walls too. Vending machine near office didn't work. Location of Motel not the greatest. I would be a little nervous walking around the area away from the motel at night. Plus some of the other people staying at the Motel seemed shaky such as a couple with a baby arguing in the parking lot. I would say this place will do if you are just passing through town but don't stay here for any extended time if you can afford a nicer place.

• Liked — Better value that other hotels in area
  • Disliked — Neighborhood made us nervous
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Lodi hotels

Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed September 18, 2008

I am writing this for my 87 yo mom who unfortunately stayed at this Quality Inn. The room was booked acquired for her by a friend in the area. She has seen a lot in 87 years, but this is the first time she refused to sleep in the bed after pulling back the covers and seeing dried stains of whatever on the sheets and pillow cases. The sink was clean, but didn't make up for the nasty room. She tried to make a complaint with the desk clerk who suddenly did not speak English.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Stained sheets and pillow cases
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan G
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed July 20, 2008

This was the 3rd hotel I had stayed at on my Disneyland trip, on my way home to Oregon.

I loved this hotel. The front desk lady was friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfy, and the room was clean. The A/C worked really well. I really dont have much to complain about. I would stay here again.

• Liked — Was very clean and the comfy beds
  • Disliked — Had to climb stairs
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)