We have been going to Wine & Roses for approx. 10 years. It is truly an oasis. We love the setting here; we relax just arriving and checking in. The garden rooms (not newer spa rooms) are our favorite.
We originally came as part of a business trip on the way to Sacramento and have returned many times over the years, both for business and pleasure. Over the years, as would be expected, there have been changes, some of these have been great (no charge for internet) while others have not been (no bathrobes, continental breakfast first greatly reduced in selection then discontinued completely - now a very pricey breakfast available at the restaurant, TVs in bathroom missing control buttons, therefore don't work.) It seems that there is no longer the warmth and attention to detail that was once there. We were given a letter on letterhead from the General Manager on our most recent visit; it explained some of the changes. While it was stated that the changes were part of the "vision," it did not seem to take into account guest "vision" but rather management vision.
We especially love the rooms with a fireplace.
On our most recent visit, for the first time ever, we were kept up until very late at night by the guests in the room above us. We tried turning on our room a/c to drowned out the noise; it didn't work. We finally called the front office and they said they'd call the other guests; the noise ended about 20 minutes later.
Our room was clean, but . . there was a hangar sticking out of one waste basket - nothing else in it - how was that missed??
We have enjoyed the restaurant for dinner on each occasion, although the desserts were never super (we're used to gourmet and while these appeard to be, the tastes and textures just weren't there.) We have not ordered desserts for several years and won't again; we tried several times and were disappointed.
The staff has always been very pleasant, friendly, and helpful in the restaurant and hotel.
Also, when we have called during regular business hours to make reservations, for the past number of visits, we have been told by an answering machine to leave our name and number and we'd be called back. Due to the our schedule and availability, this wasn't possible - it just ddin't seem custmer oriented and friendly at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the heart of Lodi Wine Country in a breathtaking environment of natural beauty is Wine & Roses. Experience an abundance of amenities in the luxurious hotel, savor fresh ingredients in the exceptional restaurant and enjoy the tranquility of the state-of-the-art spa. Wine & Roses also provides the perfect setting for unique weddings, business events, and special occasions accommodating up to 350 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wine & Roses Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wine & Roses Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Lodi
- Wine And Roses Hotel, Restaurant & Spa