“Restful elegance”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Wichita, Kansas
“Restful elegance”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Perfect accommodation! Wonderful bed and linens, great lighting which could be easily dimmed. Lovely patio. very close parking. as a wheelchair user I really liked the laminate floors. Thick carpet just makes life difficult for me.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We attended a wedding on 10/5/13. I was so taken by this place. The rooms were wonderful, the service outstanding, and the grounds absolutely beautiful. The reception dinner was excellent!!! I've been to many weddings in my almost 60 years....and this had to be the best dinner I've had at a reception. My husband and I will come back for a get-away with friends. And I will definitely come back for a girlfriends weekend! I can't wait to try the beautiful spa. This place is truly a gem!

Room Tip: Every room I saw as beautiful!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Rocklin, California
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were married at Wine & Roses many years ago and try to go back to stay from time to time. In nearly 20 years, the grounds and hotel have changed from our Wedding Day, but in a very beautiful way. The Inn is still in the middle of the property, with the excellent restaurant (Towne House). The gardens are absolutely lovely - each time we visit, we enjoy walking through the paths with the ferns, roses, and wisteria. Before the modern hotel rooms were constructed, we would stay in the Inn and admire the antique rooms and décor. Now we have migrated to staying in the beautiful and very comfortable modern rooms (with patio's and fireplaces). The Wine and Event center located at the front of the property is perfect for afternoon wine tasting. There are maps of the Lodi area wineries - everyone is so helpful and friendly. We enjoyed our most recent stay and look forward to many more to come.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen L
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Wine and Roses Hotel is perfect location for a romantic evening. The grounds are gorgeous and the rooms are with small patios. The restaurant was excellent and it even had wine tasting. Perfect for a wedding.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Illinois
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I got married here last week and the entire experience could not have been more enjoyable. I planned our destination event from thousands of miles away without ever making a trip out here. Extensive online research led me here initially because they had an affordable minimum for a small wedding (harder to find than you might think), but the pictures sold me. Much to my relief, we arrived to an even more beautiful, serene setting than I could have imagined.

The grounds are rustic but elegant, with beautiful landscaping and endless locations to stage the perfect photo. The rooms are clean and a good mixture of modern/country (the Vintner Suite was huge and perfect for evening gatherings). The pool is lovely, the restaurant delicious (but a bit pricey) and the staff all very helpful. The spa was very accommodating (through multiple scheduling changes and last minute appointments) and I was thrilled with the look they helped create for my day (nails, hair and makeup). Our entire group also agreed the massages were the best we've had.

The wedding itself was amazing as well, thanks to our coordinator, Pati. She worked with me for months via email and phone to help me feel confident in planning from afar. She took on all the day of coordination and decoration and brought my vision to life. She even helped push our ceremony back without skipping a beat when some of our guests were delayed.

Selecting a wedding destination is difficult enough, but doing so without seeing it in person (and trying to weed through hundreds of reviews online) can make a person crazy. If you're looking for an upscale (but not snobby), rustic (but still elegant) location with 4 star food and service, Wine & Roses will not disappoint.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Can't believe this excellent resort is in a small town like Lodi! It is tucked away like a hidden jewel on the west side of town - quiet, elegant,delicious, and fun. The rooms are upscale, the grounds are lovely with unique plants and landscaping, and I always feel special when I stay here.
It continues to be a beautiful experience.....

Room Tip: For family or special events, choose a room in the middle of the property. For couples who want a ro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ddabney5
Oahu, Hawaii
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel is truly a hidden jewel! Love the clean and contemporary decor in our room, and the outdoor patio surrounded by lush trees. Breakfast was delicious and healthy. Staff were very helpful and professional. It is a very relaxing and beautiful place, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lodi
Hampton Inn & Suites Lodi
Holiday Inn Express Lodi
Days Inn & Suites Lodi
Best Western I-5 Inn & Suites
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Motel 6 Lodi
Motel 6 Lodi
#6 of 13 in Lodi

Been to Wine & Roses Hotel? Share your experiences!