“Beautiful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wine & Roses Hotel, Restaurant & Spa

Wine & Roses Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Chino Hills, California, United States
“Beautiful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Staff was both friendly and helpful. We arrived with a large group and the office staffed checked in everyone quickly and efficiently.
Beautiful hotel and grounds, enjoyed the stay thoroughly.
Room large and spacious and very comfortable.
The conference room was comfortable, plenty of water, good airflow, good light.
I would highly recommend to anyone planning an event.

Room Tip: We had 2 queen size beds that were the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Very quiet, relax...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Eldersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had to book last minute, and W&R was there for us on our vacation. Reasonable pricing, and great rooms and amenities. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay in Lodi, CA. Stayed here on the first day in CA, and was very pleased with all aspects of this location.

Menifee, Ca.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

In Lodi, Ca. for a family wedding which was held at Wines & Roses, in addition to the reception.
Rooms very large and well laid out. Very clean, large bath area, and a large outdoor patio.
Stayed at Wine & Roses many years ago when the main building was just a Bed & Breakfast. Today this is a much larger facility, able to hold weddings outdoors and a large indoor reception area.
Breakfast the following morning was very good, pretty much the same I remember from previous visits.
Service overall was good

Room Tip: Large facility, large parking areas. When checking in, get exact directions to your room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chiba, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The staff is very friendly and professional. The restaurant was excellent in both quality and service. The view from our outdoor terrace was relaxing. The perfect setting to enjoy a glass of wine. We didn't get a chance to try the spa. Hopefully next time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

After our wedding last year, my husband and I vowed that we would return every year for our anniversary. We made reservations in May for a night at the hotel and a couple's massage at the spa. Just our luck, the spa was closed on the weekend of our actual anniversary for upgrades so we had to go the weekend after. Whatever, no big deal. Since we made the reservations SO early, I was concerned that they may have been lost or messed up, so I called them 2 weeks ahead of time to confirm. I spoke to a girl on the phone and we even joked about how the spa was closed when we wanted to go but that we would be one of the first couples to enjoy their new suite. She confirmed all of our dates and reservations and we hung up.

Cut to the day of our reservation, we got there at around noon so we could do a pre- check in and get started enjoying the lounge pools and sauna when, low and behold. WE DIDN'T HAVE A RESERVATION!!! Apparently, when I called to confirm, the person who was so helpful on the phone cancelled our reservations! Not just for the hotel but for the spa too!! After insisting for 5 minutes that I did NOT cancel the reservations (why would I be standing there if I had) a manager was finally called to help. He was able to get us a room and talked to the spa and got us an appointment there, but 2 hours after we were planning. This meant we had to postpone our dinner reservations and completely RUINED our plans of re-taking some of our wedding day photos.

This was a horrible experience and really, really upset me but the worst part was that there was NO consolation! They didn't offer a bottle of wine, a dessert, absolutely NOTHING to make up for completely ruining what should have been a wonderul first wedding anniversary. Apparently, fitting us in somehow, regardless of ruining other plans that we had for the day, was enough. Wrong! I would no longer trust this establishment with something as special and important as my wedding anniversary. Such a shame; the massages were wonderful, the food was absolutely amazing (which is why I give them 2 stars instead of 1); but in the back of my mind all I couldn think about was everything that went wrong. Thank you for ruining what should have been a wonderful experience.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Cassie P
Brighton, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

A wonderful get away. I highly recommend the stay at Wine & Roses. The room was great, clean, and set back away from others. The restaurant was excellent but a little pricey. Next door to Wine & Roses is the Visitor Center which has "wine tasting". We would go back and I'm sure others would not be disappointed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I just returned from spending our 23rd wedding anniversary at W&R. We were so impressed with the room, grounds and impeccable service at the hotel. We can't recommend highly enough the Couple Interlude package at The Nest Spa onsit;. 2 hours in the private Keneshaw Suite including two of the best 90 minute massages we've ever experienced (and we've had massages at some of the best spa's including the Scottsdale Fairmont Willow Stream Spa and Mi Amo in Sedona). It was truly a perfect romantic weekend for us to spend together. We will definitely be back.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lodi
Hampton Inn & Suites Lodi
Motel 6 Lodi
Motel 6 Lodi
#6 of 13 in Lodi
4.0 of 5 stars 97 reviews

Been to Wine & Roses Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!