“Wonderful place!”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Lodi
Jonkoping, Sweden
“Wonderful place!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We just spent one night there but we would like to go there again. Lovely rooms with great space. Beautiful garden and nice relaxing poolarea. We enjoyed walking around and look at, and taste the grapes. Fantastic food and wine.There was a small fridge and coffeemaker so we had our own breakfast in our balcony.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed for a wedding celebration but went a day early for some R&R w/the kids! It was really nice, the kids loved the pool, our room the first night was awesome!!! Overall great place even compared to The Ritz-Carlton this place is just as elegant

• Stayed September 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

First off, I grew up around Lodi and I know/heard a lot about Wine&Roses. I have never heard anything but GREAT things about this hotel. I got married in May of 2012 so my in-laws decided to pay for my husband and I to spend our wedding night there! They got us the honeymoon suite a.k.a. the biggest most fabulous room on the property...or so we thought. When they booked the room, my mother-in-law was SO excited for us, she told us all the stuff the room had to offer and how amazing it was going to be! So, we checked in at night (obviously after the reception) around 1:00am...we were in our wedding clothes so it was QUITE obvious we were newlyweds...they treated us like crap from the get-go. It was basically like we were inconveniencing them for being there, because the gentlemen had to walk us to our room. The suite was in the way back, which was fine if I wasn’t in a wedding dress, but that wasn’t THAT big of a deal...whatever we walked. We got into the room...I was expecting some rose-petals, maybe some wine (I mean, it IS A FRIGGEN WINERY!) but there was NOTHING! Maybe I am out of place expecting something, but it is the honeymoon suite, soooo you would think they would do something neat for couples! The room was straight off the Mad Men set...I literally don’t think they updated anything since the 50s. There was a bed, desk, chair and a leather stool....THAT’s IT! ...lol it was SO BIZARRE! The best part of the room was the FABULOUS bathroom, it was seriously GREAT and had clearly been semi-updated compared to the rest of the room! We woke up and had breakfast at the restaurant the next morning and it sucked. I mean it was REAAALLY bad and I LOVE to eat...I will pretty much eat anything...but this was horrendous! We checked out and my husband tried to pay for a bag of chips we ate from the honor bar. They didn’t have change for a $20 and the receptionist refused to go in the back to get change or give him any options for what to do, i.e. charge it to the card that was on file, so she said he had to give her the $20....so WE (newly weds) who just paid $500 for one night at this place were forced to pay $20 for a $7 dollar bag of chips....

It was just ridiculous, the whole thing. From the food to the service, it literally made me want to cry the next day because we didn’t have a special room for our special night! But at least I was with my fabulous husband and looking back we laugh about it now, we will NEVER recommend this place to anyone, I will tell everyone I know that this establishment is a ridiculous excuse for an overpriced “B&B.” To put it simply; its a motel with some pretty landscaping, architecture, and two parrots. Don’t be dazzled, it’s nothing special... If you disagree that’s fine, but you need to expand your horizons because there are A LOT of hotels that put this one to SHAME!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank iiilucky1iii
California
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Thank you so very much to all of the staff at Wine & Roses for making our anniversary so memorable. From the moment we arrived your staff made us feel welcome & respected and spoiled us too. We enjoyed wandering around the gardens & sitting by the pool at night to look at the stars. Our room was clean and modern looking. We can't wait to come back !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
victorville, California, USA
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Wow. Disappointed. They claim and seem to be a really nice, 5-star, resort hotel. But they are not. All the people working there were either stuck up or downright rude. And half of them don't know what they're doing. They need to stop hiring inexperienced, unseasoned, unprofessional high school students.
It seems like paradise from the outside, but it is terrible inside. Service is NOT what you pay for AT ALL, and neither is cleanliness for that matter. And they are on the very edge of town. Nothing within walking distance other than a pitiful, run-down market.
Do yourself a favor: skip Wine and Roses altogether. I have stayed at places with WAY better service than that. It was a disappointing stay.
I will never return to the Wine and Roses in Lodi. Period.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank J-K-luv26
San Rafael, California
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We visit W&R several times a year and have never been disappointed. A beautiful setting, wonderfully designed to ever detail and loaded with great service. The food is excellent, but nothing can beet the delightful gardens. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: They are all good!