“Average”

Uncle Yu's at the Vineyard
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Yu's at the Vineyard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 214 Restaurants in Livermore
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between First Street and Railroad Avenue
Transit: Take the #10 Wheels bus from Dublin / Pleasanton Bart station to Railroad and S. Livermore in Livermore. From there walk one block south on S. Livermore. 39 S. Livermore Ave. Ste 125, Livermore, Ca
“Average”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were there for New Year's Eve, and I can honestly say that it was not worth paying $110.00 to have the wine & food pairing dinner.
Beautiful atmosphere, and very nice people. The only person who knew about the wines was the owner and this is Livermore where they have over 56 wineries. Our waiter was a very good server. Presentation was nice, but again there is nothing that really stands out that makes you want to pay thier prices.

• Visited December 2012

Livermore, California
“Never paid this much for Chinese Food.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I can't lie. I did enjoy the ambiance & the food here but the price was WAY too high. I don't get it.

Visited November 2012
Livermore, California
“Top Quality But... at a price!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Ok, maybe I have been going out to eat way too much, but here is just a quick note about Uncle Yu's At The Vineyard. ---I went here for the first time Friday night, but be prepared...there is no vineyard to be found any where even remotely close to this place! :-) We sat at the bar which was nice, the bartender, a fine young lad, was outstanding! We ordered quite a few of the bar menu items along with another couple which gave us a fair sampling of the quality and presentation. I won't go into the specifics of each, but the taste was awesome! The atmosphere is perfect for nice conversation with friends. There is ample parking in the rear lot or on the street if you can find an open spot...go to the rear lot! The cons; prepare to spend a bit as the portions are avg. to small, but again the quality and taste is WOW! I would say definitely GO!

That's all for now, see you at Uncle Yu's!

Visited November 2012
Fremont, California
“Simply One of the Best Restaurants in the Bay Area”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Words can't describe the outstanding food quality and service. They use the best meats and the freshest vegetables for their preparations. Their Orange Beef marinated with Grand Marnier can't is unique and can't be beat anywhere. Their Peking Duck and Rib Appetizer are outstanding dishes. Service is extremely attentive but not pushy. Superb wine list and they serve flights of wine. Along with many standard Chinese dishes they include Asian Fusion items. Presentations are incredible with attention to detail. This restaurant is equal or better than some of the finest Chinese restaurants in San Francisco. While they have two other locations, I'm told that this is the best of all of them. If you have special food needs or request they will try to cater to them without a hassle. We have eaten here multiple times and never been disappointed. A great restaurant maintains its consistency and this they do quite well This is now our go to restaurant for special occasions.

• Visited August 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
“We were "Blown Away"!!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Outstanding Chinese Food In Livermore California!!! We have been to our share of Asian restaurants around the world so when our friends who live in Livermore suggested this as a birthday party venue, I was not expecting anything spectacular. Everyone in the group grew up in Hawaii and is very picky about Chinese food. I was delegated to go through the menu and come up with a selection that would please everones palate. I worked with the owner and we came up with a wonderful collaboration. The eggplant still has me baffled... it came to the table looking like pieces from my childhood log cabin set. At first I wasnt sure what it was but the taste, texture and sauce was over the top! The hot and sour soup was the best I have ever had. We even had rrack of lamb and roast duck with noodles. Everyone was pleased. I cannot wait to go back.

• Visited November 2012