“Wonderful”

Uncle Yu's at the Vineyard
Reserve with OpenTable
Uncle Yu's at the Vineyard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 224 Restaurants in Livermore
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between First Street and Railroad Avenue
Transit: Take the #10 Wheels bus from Dublin / Pleasanton Bart station to Railroad and S. Livermore in Livermore. From there walk one block south on S. Livermore. 39 S. Livermore Ave. Ste 125, Livermore, Ca
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This restaurant was so good we visited twice in four days. Excellent service, great decor, spectacular menu, presentation and taste. Incredible wine list. Best Chinese restaurant we have ever visited. This is a must see for anyone visiting the area.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I don't usually associate Chinese restaurants with fine wine, but this is Livermore, after all, and I guess they can't help themselves. According to the web, there are two other Uncle Yu restaurants in nearby cities.

Uncle Yu's has a full-time wine expert (sommolier or oenologist; I don't know his title but he knows his stuff.) He recommended food and wine pairings. Several of us ordered "flights" of wine samples, according to the food we were having.

It was a great experience and I got to taste some really good wine in a pleasant setting. The food was very good. I rarely have a bad Chinese meal, so I'm not a good one to speak about that. I would describe the decor as fancy, but not overdone. Plenty of off-street parking around back.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

I'd heard that Uncle Yu's was a great Chinese restaurant in Livermore, but I was still surprised at how good it was. We were there for the start of their Chinese New Year menu and followed our delightful server's suggestions and had some great shrimp and pork dumplings (very light, hand made wrap), a smoked salmon New Year salad, and one of the best sea bass dishes (miso glazed) I've ever had. They also have a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list--an unusual pleasure in a Chinese restaurant. It's located in the middle of the charming downtown of Livermore, with a view to the fountain. The decor reminds me of a PF Chang's, but with real art in place of the copies. Very lively all evening.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Had potstickers and spicy orange beef which were both very good although I had to order rice since it didn't come with the meal. Wine list is extraordinary and I could have spent several hours studying it. Service was very good, relaxed and friendly.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

Yes, it's a little more expensive but worth it. Love the Honey Walnut Shrimp! cocktails are great, too!