“Lovely place, friendly staff, great value”

Hampton Inn Livermore
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Livermore
Berkeley
“Lovely place, friendly staff, great value”
Reviewed December 8, 2009

We stayed here on a Saturday night with some other members of our soccer team, and we were all very pleased with the experience. The whole place was very clean, with nice luxurious touches for an inexpensive hotel. The staff were accommodating and friendly. We hung out in the lobby between games (it was cold out!), and made took advantage of the nice breakfast buffet. Our whole group was impressed and happy with this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed June 9, 2009

This hotel is in a nice area and there are a lot of eating choices within easy driving distance. I found the staff (despite some of the other reviews) to be very good and felt I got good value for my money. There is good WiFi reception and I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Mumbai
Reviewed May 10, 2009

It was just a day's stay and the rooms pretty comfortable. However, on first looks it looked more like another city 2 storey building. Long gangway and in case you get a room at the other end, you need to drag your luggage a good 50 to 60 metres in the gangway. Ok. Nothing exceptionally worth mentioning. All basic amenities were there and clean interiors.

• Liked — Good View to the pool
  • Disliked — Long ditance to walk in the gangway to reach the room
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank shirzadb
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed March 22, 2009

I stayed here on a business trip for a week. The accomodations were excellent.
The only restaurant in walking distance is a Wendy's, but there are many things in easy driving distance. I recommend trying Cattlemen's accross the interstate.
My room was clean and the free breakfast was very good.

I will be staying there again in the near future and I know that I will enjoy it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Isle of Man
Reviewed September 5, 2008

We were in room 110, right below other reviewers room 210 so YES - noisy by roads. However, as we'd flown in from Europe to SFO and driven to Livermore on way to Tahoe, simply crashed out and didnt hear a thing except some noisy neighbours in night.

Bed comfort OK but not that wide, thought as VIP Hilton we'd have bigger bed upgrade. Room clean but like a motel though, not worth the $100+ we paid and breakfast is in effect $10 a person, the 'fresh cooked' hot dish is a microwave egg product! Nowhere around we saw to walk for a meal or buy a sandwich/beer.

Nice staff though, people were OK. But have not put on the 'repeat' list, poor value.

• Liked — Easy to find
  • Disliked — NOISE and POOR VALUE
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SeaRider
New Mexico
Reviewed July 16, 2008

I arrived rather late at this hotel and I went to bed right away. I noticed some road noise as I went to sleep but I was tired enough to not be too bothered by it (Room 210). However, I woke up at 1:00am noticing how noisy it was. I looked out my window and saw an on ramp. an off ramp, and 580 freeway all very close. It was almost unbelievable how noisy the room is.

I was unable to get back to sleep and called the front desk. I asked if they could change my room but they told me there was nothing they could do.

By 4 am I was simply unable to get back to sleep so I called again. I asked if they we're aware how noisy the room was and they said they were, but I should have told them earlier about my concern. I asked for the manager and she said she was the manager. I asked that since I was unable to sleep if she could work with me on the room charges and she said they would.

The next morning a different woman was at the front desk and knew about my issue but blamed me for booking the "cheap" room ($89.00) and was very confrontational about my asking for a better rate. It seems the front desk has received training in how to put the blame on the guest for issues they have with the hotel. It's unfortunate since I normally like Hampton Inn. Since there are other choices in the area I'll choose a different hotel next time.

• Disliked — very noisy, horrible customer service
  • Stayed July 2008
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed October 28, 2007

I am fairly critical of hotels and had not been happy during my last stay at the Residence Inn next door, so decided to try Hampton Inn for this business trip. My experience with Hampton Inns is that they are clean and offer a decent complimentary breakfast.

This Hampton Inn is perhaps the cleanest hotel in which I've ever stayed. It looked cleaned, and felt clean. My room was large and spacious enough, and included a sofa, coffee table and desk. A microwave and small frig were tucked into the bottom half of the TV airmore. The color palette in the bathroom was lovely. They offered a nice selection of toiletries.

The bed was extraordinarily comfortable -- even the white duvet looked clean! The carpet, in my room and throughout the hallway, looked new.

Breakfast was nice, and was attended by a very helpful woman. There is a happy hour on weekday evenings. Complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks and a light meal, such as salad and chili cheese dogs. These were attended by a helpful young lady.

The hotel is about a 15-minute drive to "the Lab"; there are plenty of restaurants nearby; and it's not far from downtown Livermore. During the drive, I saw sheep, hens, horses, cows and deer.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a gym and two computers for guests to use. Everything worked.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Room key was a bit "tricky", as was the key for the man two doors down.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business